Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlotte-leigh Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 06:19 AM
    Am I pregnant?
    Me and my partner have been trying for a baby for 3months now, and my periods have been normal up until the one I have just had it was there but it was really really light and mine are usually heavy. We have been doing everything we can too get pregnant. Is that a sign of me been pregnant?:confused:
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Jan 24, 2008, 06:43 AM
    It could very well be a sign. I would consider getting a pregnancy test done from your Doctor this will let you know for certain. You can always get a pregnancy test done at home by buying one from a drug store. But I would consider going to your doctor just to be certain. If you are pregnant I would like to be the first to say congratulation.

Jan 24, 2008, 06:59 AM
    Everybody I have spoke too about it has said there is a very good chance but I don't feel any different should I?:confused:
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Jan 24, 2008, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte-leigh
    everybody i have spoke too about it has sed there is a very good chance but i dnt feel any different should i?:confused:
    To be on the safe side why not go to a drug store and buy a pregnancy test. They are very cheep. Plus it will ease your mind. But keep in mind they are not 100% accurate.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 24, 2008, 07:09 AM
    Charlotte, let me say that you may or may not be. It is way too early to tell. You bled, so that is a sign that you are not pregnant. Mother nature tends to throw us all a curve ball once in a while. When we are regular we miss a period or get one early... when we are heavy we get a light period... if we are light we get a heavy period.

You see, it is just way too early to tell. Unfortunately you are now in the waiting zone and should wait until next month to see if your period comes.

If you want to ease your mind, you could try taking a HPT, but use first morning urine, as the test is more accurate that way.

Jan 24, 2008, 07:16 AM
    So would it be a bit easier to tell if I leave it a couple of days and do a test on Monday morning? I have got a lot of symptoms though which is making me think I am? My breasts are very sensitive and tender I felt sick every morning for a week I even need to get up at about 12pm too go to the toilet and get something too eat and are very tiered all the time no matter how much sleep I have had the night before? :confused:
    Expert

Jan 24, 2008, 07:18 AM
    That sounds like a good plan to me. Just remember, there are rarely false positives on HPTs, but there are frequently false negatives especially if taken later in the day or if taken too early in the pregnancy.

Jan 24, 2008, 07:22 AM
    But how long should I really wait to take a pregnancy test so the answer is dead on? Positive or negative? :confused:
    Expert

Jan 24, 2008, 08:19 AM
    You will have to wait until you miss your period to get a positive HPT. You could try going to the doctor to get a blood test, but you will have to wait a few more weeks for the level of the hCG to be built up enough to be detected in either urine or blood.

As I said before, you can try on Monday, but that does not guarantee you will get a positive HPT. I never got a positive HPT until 12 weeks along.
    alyssarox32 Posts: 70, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 08:22 AM
    It is a 20% chance that you will get pregnant in the next year, so deffinently keep trying as much as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I can't seem to get pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I Been Trying For 2yrs To Get Pregnant.. And Nothing.. I Get Lots Of False Alrams That Really Just Puts My Hopes Up.. Leaveing Me In Tears Cause Im Not Pregnant.. I Know My Partner Can Have Kidds.. ( He Has One) So Why Can't I Conceive..? I Really Want A Baby..

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Could I Be Pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

I've been having the craziest mood swings lately, one minute I'm fine and dandy and the next I can get really mad at everyone around my and the next I'm sad , etc. I just recently looked to see what could be wrong with me and one site said that I could be pregnant. It's not like it would matter...

I think I might be pregnant but I'm not sure [ 2 Answers ]

Hey umm I think I might be pregnant I've been kind of moody with my boyfriend and I think I had a period but its bright red and spotting kind of, I took two test and it came up negative. And I've had weird cramping and really strong headaches also. What could be wrong with me? :confused:

View more questions Search