Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aviator4 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 12:08 PM

jahrichie, I'm sorry, but to say this is a 100% not legitimate company is a completley false statement.

How can you possible say this is an illegitimate company when I have posted photos of a home, legitimatley purchased, with legitimate funds, and a legitimate mortgage? Do you really think that the FHA would be working with or backing an illegitimate companies mortgages?

And since I have done business with them, I suppose I am dumb?

Jackass!
    jahrichie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 01:45 PM

Do you think educated people can't tell you have some tie to this business? You are seriously pathetic.

Jan 20, 2009, 01:47 PM

It's disgusting that this "home owner" is posing as someone not affiliated to the company. Where did my post go?

Jan 20, 2009, 02:20 PM

Well, all I can say is that I have no tie. I don't even live in the same state. In order to close my loan, that had to sub-contract with a closing agent.

I have received several calls from people wanting to know more about my story. I've told them all I know. If anyone is unsure of my story, I would encorage them to call me.
    Jakidd445 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aviator4 View Post
    Well, all I can say is that I have no tie. I don't even live in the same state. In order to close my loan, that had to sub-contract with a closing agent.

I have received several calls from people wanting to know more about my story. I've told them all I know. If anyone is unsure of my story, I would encorage them to call me.
    Aviator4,
    My wife and I recently closed a re-fi loan with Lend America and our experience has been great. Today, they were suppose to cut the checks and send them out to our old mortgage companies, and one to us. The lady even could give us Fed-Ex tracking numbers for our checks to keep an eye on their arrival. I really don't understand why these people keep attacking this company and your comments. My only explanation is envy and ignorance of the entire process. For example, one of the comments from one of the skeptics, whom I think claimed to be a lawyer, was that our monthly payment would continue to raise. Well, we are in a fixed, FHA-backed loan, which can't move. Our property taxes are assessed by the county we live in, so they don't control that part of our escrow, and, even though the insurance premium might raise our payment in the future, that's at the insurance company's discretion. So how will Lend America raise our payment. In fact, Lend America will, without a doubt, sell our loan to the secondary market and have nothing to do with our loan down the road.

I guess these weird people have nothing better to do but trash a good company by telling redicuous lies about mortgages and payments and such. If these people are actual lawyers, then any doubts I had about the justice system in this country have been "justified." These guys might try getting a job in the Illinois' governor's cabinet or something of that nature. The general public is not as ignorant as "some" may think we are.

Enjoy the day that God has made,
    John

Jan 21, 2009, 09:35 PM

Hahahah you middle americans!
    MaywoodTender Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 03:19 PM

Hi Victor in OK. Congrats on your home. I read your post about Gary and Lend America back in Sept and immediately got in touch with him to get a pre approval for a mortgage. So here we are a few months later and tomorrow is the big day! We close on our house in the afternoon and thanks to Gary's expertise (and your recommendation) we are getting in for a little over 10K! He really knows his stuff! Thanks
    MaywoodTender Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 02:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jahrichie View Post
    Look at the advertisement that runs on the major networks. It's a mock network flash-news announcement. This is in sense a bank, masquerading as a Network news announcement, instead of what they actually are doing, running a commercial.

They are 100 Percent not a legitimate company. Who are you people? Why would you even ask these questions?

If you're dumb enough to do business with them after seeing that, or reading what these people have to say, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you in Brooklyn...for a good price.

Although I hope the attorney is a legitimate source of knowledge, his post is riddled with errors...and I'm pretty sure lawyers in New York know how to read and write.
    Ok so yesterday I got the keys to our home that we purchased thanks to Lend America and Gary Branis. I guees when they wired 356K to my attorney that morning for closing that wasn't legit? GIVE ME A BREAK. I highly recommend Lend America, but more so Gary. He gave me straight talk, no BS and he always returned my calls and emails, not to mention the guy works until midnight helping his clients realize their dreams. call Gary at extension 2184 and tell him Monica from Paramus, NJ sent you:)

Jan 30, 2009, 05:15 AM

Exactly! I thought the same thing. It's funny, the only people that have direect dealings with Lend America on here are the ones with positive stories.

Take a look at the posts, folks, every negative story on here is from a THIRD PARTY - meaning people that have never dealt with them directly.
    judy sahagian Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 11:35 PM
    Comment on jackhoffmanesq's post
    It is now feb 2009 and were still here!!
    judy sahagian Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 11:42 PM
    Comment on aviator4's post
    Thank you for backing our company its people like you we work hard for
    regurro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HannahBarber View Post
    We just closed on Dec 31st and the funding was supposed to be Jan 6th, 2009. Nothing has changed at all in our income or our situation. I am going to try to talk to a lawyer on Tuesday if I can find one. This is such a weird situation. I have never dealt with this before. Ted (the guy who processed our application) said that I need to talk to Dawn (the lady who cuts the checks). However, Dawn does not take any phone calls, and she does not return any voicemail messages. I have also tried to leave messages for her boss (Jennifer) with no results either.

This is an FHA loan, so I guess I can try to contact them somehow.

I don't have an answer, more like a question. I am in the same situation at you are. I closed on 1/31 and was scheduled to fund on 2/3. It's been 10 day's and no funding yet. Just want to know if Lend America ever funded and did you ever get an answer?
    Soli121 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 01:27 PM
    Dear Regurro and jakidd445,

I don't have an answer either, I have a question. Have either of you been funded already?

Feb 25, 2009, 01:38 PM
    Lend America Update

Here's a quick update on my home... nothing but great news!! Gary's saving me money again.

Gary actually CALLED ME to let me know that I am eligible to streamline my loan (which is now held by GMAC) - got to love the FHA backed loans! And thanks to dropping rates, it made sense to do it.

He's asked me not to disclose the rate (since they seem to be changing), so I won't, but I can guarantee you that he's saving me a big chunk-o-change every month. We are currently waiting to close the new loan.

The great thing is that since my loan was FHA backed, there are no refi-fees!! Woohooo!

Thanks Gary!

People, if you have been turned down by other lenders, and the replies on this question have you doubting my legitimacy (got that big word, Mr. Attorney? - LOL), then CALL GARY.. worst thing that can happen is that you're right where you are right now, right?

For those of you that have called me and asked questions, thanks for calling! I'm always happy to tell people about Gary and Lend America.
    getaclue04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 11:03 AM
    Ok - Let's get serious now. The internet is a source of information for many people looking for reviews on a myriad of things. These people on this website giving Lend America a leg up or boost is a load of crock. I mean, lets be for real. One guy even went so far as to post pictures. I also see him defending this company within an inch of his life. Why? Why are you so adamant about defending Lend America? I mean seriously, no one is stupid. Any person with half a brain can obviously see you have some affiliation with Lend America besides getting your so-called loan. So here's the real deal. Since you are spreading all this love for Lend America, and throwing around Gary's name like he is the hottest thing smoking --you probably are Gary posing as an actual customer--show some proof. Scan your closing docs. Black out personal info, and let's see what the real deal is. I don't believe aviator or his co-signers which might still be aviator posing as another person - who is really Gary! LOL I mean this is utterly ridiculous!

Listen people. Those of you who find yourselves easily suckered into these predatory lending companies, read the business week article and don't give LEND AMERICA THE TIME IT WOULD TAKE YOU TO WIPE YOUR OWN!!

If you want to wind up in a bigger mess than you are already in - stay away from them. Obviously they are a load of crock if the Federal government doesn't want to deal with them. Do yourself a favor. Call greenpath debt solutions or some other debt consulting company that is accredited and work out a budget to pay down your debt and clean up your credit. That's what I did. I now have 3 items in collections that I am paying down and then I am done. Give yourself 1-2 years to save some cash for down payment and allow your credit score to increase, dispute any inaccuracies and increase your credit score legally. Once this is done, apply for a first time buyers 30yr -fixed rate mortgage loan with a reputable bank. One that is backed and insured by the federal govt. Do yourself this favor. These companies prey on folks that are low or middle income families that are looking to buy their first home. If you want to watch your hard earned money go down the toilet quicker than a load of crap - deal with Lend America. If you want to make smart decisions do your research on this company - check reputable websites and do your hw. You'll see what I and many others are talking about.

I guarantee that after this post aviator - aka Gary LOL is going to post and defend Lend America. So will his cronies... Ignore them and their blissful house stories. You can get your house too and you don't need to get it through Lend America. Save yourself the worry and debt. This company is going down. Don't go down with them.

Mar 15, 2009, 03:04 PM

I guess replying to this makes me a phony, LOL...

I've said my piece - I've spoken with a number of people over the phone that have called my HOME number, I have replied to numerous E-mails etc.. I stand by my previous posts. If anyone wants to know more, I'm happy to oblige.

You want closing docs scanned and posted as proof? Okay - which pages? You tell me and I'll supply them. The entire closing package is very large, so I'm not going to post every single page.
    minax28 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2009, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HannahBarber View Post
    We are currently doing a refinance with Lend America. Everything went very well through the application and closing process. However, when we signed all th documents at closing, they just stopped working on our loan. They never funded the loan and still to this date have not paid off our original mortgage. we are in a real mess now, because our original mortgage is past due and I sent in my mortgage payment to Lend america, so I do not have the funds to pay two mortgages at once. I don't know what to do. The funding department personel will not return any of my voice mails, and even when I have them paged, they will not take any calls. I don't know what to do at this point. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

I have never had a problem before now getting a bank to fund the loan once it has been closed.
    I'm in the same situation, I signed docs on 3/11/09 and it still hasn't funded and I've not been able to get an answer when... don't know what to do, I have to be moved by the 5th of April
    bartb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 12:06 PM
    I've enjoyed the back and forth between posters on this subject. There are some very different experiences and opinions about Lend America. I was also curious about this company after viewing a TV ad. I began researching by going to the web page. The first thing that really jumped out at me was THE LACK OF RATE QUOTES, and the LACK OF CLOSING COSTS QUOTES AND FEES QUOTES ASSOCIATED WITH THE LOANS. You cannot do a theoretical calculation on the web page.

In order for you to get any of this important information, you have to send them your personal information or call them on the phone. They suck you in like a vacuum before they'll divulge any of the fees. I called the 800 number. I waited ten minutes on hold. Eventually I got to a "loan officer" who quoted me an interest rate of 5.5% on a 30 year fixed re-finance loan, and over $7000 in closing costs and fees.

Now, I'm fortunate enough to have a very good credit rating and I brought this to the attention of the "loan officer". I also compared quotes from another prospective lender which beat the pants off Lend America. They could not or would not match the quote, so there was no deal and we hung up on cordial terms.

I had to know for myself and I found out. If you have less than stellar credit there are still predators out there willing to cut you a deal, collect fees and sell the loan before the potential for losses are realized. Their interest rates are in line with other lenders, but a little high. Their fees are exorbitant. Way too high.

I'm no expert, but I know enough about Lend America to stay away. I cannot recommend this lender to anyone and I'll finish by saying "LET THE BUYER BEWARE."
    minax28 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bartb View Post
    I've enjoyed the back and forth between posters on this subject. There are some very different experiences and opinions about Lend America. I was also curious about this company after viewing a TV ad. I began researching by going to the web page. The first thing that really jumped out at me was THE LACK OF RATE QUOTES, and the LACK OF CLOSING COSTS QUOTES AND FEES QUOTES ASSOCIATED WITH THE LOANS. You cannot do a theoretical calculation on the web page.

In order for you to get any of this important information, you have to send them your personal information or call them on the phone. They suck you in like a vacuum before they'll divulge any of the fees. I called the 800 number. I waited ten minutes on hold. eventually I got to a "loan officer" who quoted me an interest rate of 5.5% on a 30 year fixed re-finance loan, and over $7000 in closing costs and fees.

Now, I'm fortunate enough to have a very good credit rating and I brought this to the attention of the "loan officer". I also compared quotes from another prospective lender which beat the pants off of Lend America. They could not or would not match the quote, so there was no deal and we hung up on cordial terms.

I had to know for myself and I found out. If you have less than stellar credit there are still predators out there willing to cut you a deal, collect fees and sell the loan before the potential for losses are realized. Their interest rates are in line with other lenders, but a little high. Their fees are exorbitant. Way too high.

I'm no expert, but I know enough about Lend America to stay away. I cannot recommend this lender to anyone and I'll finish by saying "LET THE BUYER BEWARE."

So we did get funding late on Friday the 20th and the keys are in my hand now, the how's and the whys of the delay are a little disappointing (primarily the funding department dropped the ball) - we did an FHA loan and I didn't find the fees to be outside of expectation and since we had a full sellers concession up to the 6% allowed by FHA we had no out of pocket other than our 3.5% down at a 5% fixed rate. They may have been quoting you FHA rates and not conventional which is the same for a 620 credit as a 800 (beauty of FHA) since that makes up the majority of their business.
    jfporter Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Mar 25, 2009, 01:16 PM

minax28 if you don't mind my asking what were the closing cost

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which company to lend money to? [ 6 Answers ]

The proprietors of two businesses, L.L. Sams Company and Melinda Garcia Career Services, have sought business loans from you. To decide whether to make the loans, you have requested their balance sheets. Solely on the basis of these balance sheets, to which entity would you be more comfortable...

Advisors, lend me your ears. [ 3 Answers ]

I want to design software. I believed this to be called "Software Engineering", but courses at colleges are named different things for convenience (:rolleyes: ). Should I be taking 'Computer Information Systems - Computer Programming' or some other course of study to start? Thanks ahead of time. ...

Friend that has lend me money [ 2 Answers ]

My friend has lended me money, Igave him post dated checks. He never puts the check through and calls all the time about the money. Whwn I tell him to put the checks through , he stays I am not sure about the loan now. He also keeps threating to take me to court.

View more questions Search