Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2010, 04:34 PM

No, they don't cancel either other out. Most athletes do some combination of weights and cardio. I think whoever told you that is confusing cutting and bulking, which do cancel each other out. Think of cardio as lifting for your heart and lungs.

I suggest you do more leg work. Squats burn mega calories!

Personally, I think this idea of losing all the bodyfat before you start to build muscle is dangerous. You end up very skinny, and find it very difficult to build muscle afterwards. If you lift, you'll build a good muscle base which will help you lose the fat when you need to.

But the best way to get rid of fat is diet. It's much easier to cut out a bagel from your daily diet than to exercise away a bagel's worth of calories. Exercise alone rarely works, because you get hungrier as as result of the exercise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Whey protein and me [ 3 Answers ]

Well, I'm 13 and I play football, wrestle, and weighlift in my freetime. I'm just wondering what would happen if I took stuff like nitro-tech and stuff like that. Would I get like a deformed penis or something? Just wondering ty

Protein haemoglobin and protein collagen [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me anything about protein haemoglobin and portein collagen or were I can find any information on the two

Whey protein for teenagers [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 15 years old and I'm starting to lift weights. So I bought this protein supplement from EAS and it has Casein, Whey Protein, and Soy Protein and it's a powder that you mix with any drink. Anyway, it says don't take if you're under 18 but 2 of the pharmacists said that it's all right to take...

Creatine and Whey Protein [ 7 Answers ]

I've been working out for about 2 months now approx 4 times per week and I need to start using supplements as I don't feel I'm getting the results I should be for the effort I'm putting in, but my question is Can I use creatine before I work out and take whey protein after I work out?

Whey protein:can it harm me? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and I am hooked on whey protein simply because (I think)it tastes good after my workout and it speeds my recovery with fast digesting protein. I get EAS 100% whey protein and only take it after my work out. I am wondering if it is true that the whey can get "stuck" in your...

View more questions Search