Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Miss_Torchwood Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 11:08 PM
    Mum makes home life miserable and depressing
    Me and my mum always argue. I can't spend 10 minutes with her and we fight.Im 14, 15 in October, do well at school (im in the top 10 students and duxed technology) and complete numerous afterschool activitys. She yells at me about stupid little things and says stuff that's not true and hurtful. For example on day she said my bedroom was a brothel (I don't have a boyfriend), I was a tart because I wore eyeliner,I could fail school and could live in a gutter for all she cared. I have very long hair and told her I wanted a few inches of it. She took it coldly then the next day she yelled at me about and said I was a sheep, to stop trying to fit in and I could shave it off for all she cared. The problem is if I tell her how I feel shell just get angry againMy dad lives an entire day way. I also just got back from 3 weeks at his house.I know its not easy for her because my dad doesn't live with us, she just started a stressful 40 hr per week job and she does have a few health problems but she can't take it on me all the time. She making my home life miserable and don't want to live here anymore. Any help appreciated. Thank you.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2008, 11:15 PM
    Maybe therapy? I know some people are really against it (isk why), but it really helped me. And its helped some of my friends and their relationships with their parents. You can start seeing a therapist, tell them everything going on, and then they can help you find ways to approach your mum about it. They can even invite her in for sessions and help mediate between you two. When she starts being unreasonable the therapist can step in and help make her listen.
    Miss_Torchwood Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 11:19 PM
    I don't think she'd do it. I reckon she'd probably say I was being silly or something. I have looked at kids help line. Thanks for the fast reply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox Home A/C Makes Squeak Sound [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me how to fix the squeaking sound my Lennox home Air conditioner makes when it is running? I sprayed around the blades with WD-40 But that only helped a very little bit. Thanks for any help.

No pressure when depressing clutch [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Chevy S10, 4.3L with a manual transmission. I tried to put the truck in first gear but it would not engage. I noticed that the clutch seemed like it did not have any pressure on it when I tried to depress it. I checked the master cylinder and it was full of fluid. I looked underneath...

Miserable lonely life, no friends, everybody hates me [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, let me be brief with everything. I'm 23 to start with, and in uni, final year I got bullied throughout high school. I used to be really nice, but people kept picking on me, then I started returning the favor and pissing them off e.g. if its someone I hated, and I heard them say something...

Miserable life [ 3 Answers ]

Thank you for you people being honest with m3 now I have one more thing to ask does your life get better as you get older for me I feel the older I got the worst I got and the uglier I got and everything is just screwing up sorry you guys if you think I'm a lamer but I just might the worst person...

Puppy makes HUGE mess when we aren't home. [ 4 Answers ]

I recently moved to a new house. We have put the puppy's crate (5 month old, beagle/jack mix... about 11lbs.) in the basement during the day as to not disturb the neighbors. We tried to stop feeding him in the later evenings and make sure he goes to the bathroom in the morning... but consistently...

View more questions Search