Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LWestrich Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 10:10 PM
    Market equlibrium
    Since the September 11th attack there has been an increase in the demand for security personnel: police, air marshals, airport security, etc. How do you think the higher demand has affected the equilibrium wage?
    paperpusher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 01:22 PM

The demand for security personal is rising. So the demand curve will move upwards. The supple will not rise in the short run because in order to be a guard you have to have the expertise, the training, etc. but you don' have the time.(technology factor)So, in the short run, wages will go up, because of the more demand and the deficit of supply. In the long run, more people will go to special forces, taking karate lessons, etc and the supply will raise too. So in the long run, supple will meet demand and the wages will be at the previous equilibrium.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Efficient market! [ 1 Answers ]

I was just reading my notes when I started wondering what if we classify stocks into 2 categories today: high growth stocks and low growth stocks and then form 2 groups of stocks that have the same beta - a group of high growth stocks and a group of low growth stocks. Since one basic inveting tenet...

Market value [ 1 Answers ]

If total liabilities decreased by 25,000 during a period and owners equity increasesd by 30,000 during the same period what is the amount and direction of the periods change in total assets.

Market value [ 2 Answers ]

what would be the total market value of the firm?

Is It A Buyer's Market or Seller's Market.. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello group, would someone please explain to me what determines a "buyer's market" and a "seller's market"? We always hear the "news" of the housing boom busting and now we hear more homeowner's are putting their houses on the market than there are new homes being built, but what does that mean?...

View more questions Search