Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnny tiles Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 06:47 PM
    Summary judgement
    What types of property are real?property?. in a summary judgement in the county of wake in North Carolina from a credit card co.can they take my house? what does the judge typically order? Thank you
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2008, 07:51 PM
    Summary judgement is a judgment requested by either party. As you know there is a complaint and an answer. Either the plaintiff or defendant can file a motion for summary judgement. Usually the motion is accompanied by an affidavit, which is used to show that taking all the opposition's allegations as true, there is not a factual issue to be determined and no need for further evidence, and that the moving party is entitled to a judgement as a matter of law (a decision for the judge). If the creditor is successful, its judgement may become a judgement lien against all of your real and personal property. Real property is land, and personal property is any other kind of property (furniture, autos, boats, checking accounts, jewelry,etc.). A lien holder doesn't usually take your home if there is a mortgage, but if you sell your home the judgement lien will have to be paid before you can transfer title.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Summary Judgement [ 7 Answers ]

How much time do we have to respond to motion for summary Judgement?

Summary judgement denied and now plaintiff wants mediation [ 2 Answers ]

I am being sued by Unifund for credit card debt that Unifund bought(?) and the suit for summary judgement was denied in a Texas county court. I just received a letter from the county clerk saying that the plaintiff wants mediation and the court has ordered mediation. What does this mean about the...

Texas - Hearing on Motion for Summary Judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I am being sued for credit card debt by a collections agency (Arrow Financial) that bought the debt. I showed up for the court appearance but they did not. Judge stated at the time that if the plaintiff did not show up she would rule in my favor. When they did not appear the judge nodded...

Motion for summary judgement/debt cllctn [ 1 Answers ]

How do I respond to a "Plaintiff's Motion for Summary Judgment" which has been filed against me in Texas? I do not have an attorney, but I have been responding to all papers from the collection agency's lawyer and the court as best I can.

View more questions Search