Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 11:45 AM
    You can and should definitely get a restraining order for such an abusive person. Call the police and give them a full report.

By the way, I'm guessing these threads are referring to the same guy?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mental...me-438339.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...es-422170.html
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 12:32 PM

It all starts with calling the cops, and making an official report.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 12:40 PM

And under no reason, let him back into the home. If he comes near, leave. Call the police when things happen, Next time also, don't "threaten" to call, just all,
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2010, 01:18 PM
    You should have called the police the minute he left. Don't let him get away with anything... you're better than that.

Change your locks or move. Do file for a restraining order. If circumstances require it, go to a women’s abuse shelter until you find a new place to live.

DO NOT ACCEPT ABUSE. He already has you pegged as a doormat and punching bag. It's up to YOU to protect your little boy, as well as yourself.

For yourself, find out what attracted you to this type of man, so that you can avoid similar relationships in the future. Physical, mental, emotional abuse should make you run the other way.

Remember - Tender moments, gifts, or a good sense of humor never make up for abuse. Don't let yourself be bought or lulled into a false sense of security. There are a lot of decent men out there.
    BabiixG Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Jan 31, 2010, 01:36 PM

Yes you can get a restraining order! Do it for you and your son! Neither one of you deserve to be treated that way.. and I'm pretty sure it will only get worse if you allow it to keep going on. Get a restraining order ASAP!
    atenik Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 06:38 PM

Thanks everyone!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

13 year old daughter kissing boyfriend [ 10 Answers ]

Recently my parents took my 13 year old daughter to the movies with one of her girlfriends. My parents went to a different movie and when there movie was done they checked in on my daughter and caught her making out with a boy. I've already punished her for lying and everything else but now...

Daughter's breakup with boyfriend [ 2 Answers ]

My 17 year old daughter has been dating a boy her age on and off since she was 14. The relationship has been continuous for the last two years. They claim they love one another and are each others best friends. They do have a sexual relationship. He broke up with her a few days ago and, of...

Emancipation Of Pregnant 15 year old teen whose boyfriend is 19 [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, I am 15 years old but I'm about to turn 16 September 25. My boyfriend is just turned 19 years old. I am 4 weeks pregnant and I'm on probation. Part of my probation states that I'm not to have any contact with my boyfriend. Now I'm pregnant. I need to know if I can get emancipated even though...

Not just another 19 year old breakup [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so where to start... heres my story, Im 19 years old and I've been steady with the girl of my dreams for just over a year now. Recently we broke up. Ive read a lot of the other posts in this forum prior to posting, so I will skip to the points that are really important. I met her my senior...

I've lived with my boyfriend 1 year, how long do I have until I have to move? [ 1 Answers ]

I've lived with my boyfriend in Oregon, for over one year now. We agreed I'd be responsible for buying groceries and some household items, and for house cleaning. He would continue to pay the bills and his mortgage (it is his home). We no longer get along, and I'm looking for a place to move. ...

View more questions Search