Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    haqynesvir Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Janitrol thermostat
    I have a janitrol 7 wire thermostat and I'm upgrading to a hunter 5 wire thermostat and I need to know which wires to connect to my new stat
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Jan 23, 2008, 05:35 PM
    Here is what you are going to have to do. Document all wire colors to what terminal they are connected to now. Also document what wires are connected to in the furnace. Take pictures if you can. Read the instruction manual from the new thermostat and transfer them to where they need to go on the new thermostat. For heat your terminals are typically R or R1, G, and W. For cooling typically they are Y, R2. Not all systems are this way so look first and tell us which wires and terminals your existing thermostat uses now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Janitrol thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Goodman a/c / heating unit with a Janitrol HPT 18-60, we want to change the thermostat out. What can we use that is compatible with our system? Thank you

Janitrol furnace will not ignite from thermostat [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol furnace, that I believe to about 50 yrs. Old, model # FEC 120-84, type D. When I turn the thermostat on, the pilot light will not ignite the burners. I then go to the furnace and trip a microswitch that appears to be wired to a thermocouple and activated by a rod that goes from...

Replacing Janitrol Thermostat with Honeywell Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am attempting to replace my manual Janitrol Model HPT 18-60 thermostat with a Honeywell Programmable Model CT3500 thermostat. My Heat Pump is a Trane TWR012-042C The 6 wires connected to the Janitrol thermostate are: Y, W2, G, R, O, C How do I connect these six wires to the Honeywell that...

View more questions Search