Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sugarless15 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 04:54 PM
    I love him but I don't think he even knows my last name
    I really like this guy at my school. I mean really really lik him. But I know he has seen me. But I just feel like I am just another girl to him. I defintitly would not talk to him unless he talkes to me. ( I'm kind of shy around guys I like) give me same info. Or tips.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Well if you won't talk to him forget about it. Of course you're just another girl to him if you won't talk to him. And how do you know you like him so much if you won't talk to him?

If you really think you like him and you want his attention, you have to talk to him. You might come to find that he doesn't talk to you because he's shy himself. Or maybe he's misinterpreting your shyness and thinks you're too stuck up to talk to him.
    littlebear91 Posts: 54, Reputation: 3

Jan 23, 2008, 05:05 PM
    If you're too shy, accidentally bumps into him in the hallway or something, I'm sure that'll catch his attention and ask him out for a drink in order to repay you're clumyness, I donno if that works, but it happends in movies. Sounds corny, but worth a try.

Jan 23, 2008, 05:51 PM
    I know but I'm not stuck up at all. I just I have no idea how to talk to him I mean I just can't. Maybe text! But I don't know his cell# he is one grade up from me and I'm stuck. Because I lik guys and then I'm to shy to say anything about going on a date or his cell#. He is one grade up from me and I mean I know he wears american eagle boxers!

I know but I just sum how am not capable of talking to him. I mean maybe text but, I don't know his cell #. He is one grade up from me and he is just not the kind of guy I want to just let go of and not be his girlfriend or at least best friends. I have never had a boyfriend so I'm pretty new to this!
    PolluxCastor Posts: 117, Reputation: 5

Jan 23, 2008, 06:07 PM
    You may know you are not stuckup, but that doesn't matter. It matters if he THINKS you are. Take several deep breaths, walk over and try.
    littlebear91 Posts: 54, Reputation: 3

Jan 23, 2008, 06:30 PM
    You can always ask people near him for his phone number, but watch out for rumours spreading.
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2008, 11:03 PM
    do not just start randomly texting. It creeps me out when people I hardly know start txting, I imagine he would feel the same. Lol if you get his number, YOU have to be the one to do it. Otherwise you could seem stalkerish. (and don't mention you know what his boxers look like either... lol)
    and I'm not saying you're stuck up, I'm saying he might inerpret it that way. And I know because I can be really shy too with people at first. And then later once I've gotten to know them and I open up they're like "yeah, i used to think you were stuck up. i didnt realize you were just quiet."
    if you're too shy to actually talk to him, get to know his friends. Then move onto him. If you get comfortable with his friends, you'll have an excuse to be around him and then you'll also be surrounded by people you're already comfortable with.
    possible conversation starters:
    he's a grade up, you could ask about what classes he's taken. Like, say he took anatomy (just an example), and you saw him with his anatomy book, you could be like "you're in anatomy? how do you like it? i think i might wanna take it next year but i just can't decide..."
    or, any idea what his hobbies are? If he plays sports, ask how his last game or practice went. Take an interest in something he's into. Typically, guys love talking about anything they're good at.
    or just comment on his clothes. You can totally handle saying "cool shoes." or "nice shirt." or if he wears a certain teams jersey or hat, watch the next game. Then you'll have something to talk about. Trust me, you could do it. ;)

Jan 24, 2008, 03:55 PM
    Thanks so much for the advice and incouragement! U guys are awesome!! :) and you are so right when you say that if you get to them then well you what you said! It is so true. If anyone else has advice or tips feel free to answer! I'm still a little nervous but, you guys are truly helping me work up confidents!! :D
    Natalia2008 Posts: 11, Reputation: -1

Jan 24, 2008, 04:58 PM
    Sugarless, okay , do you have a friend that knows him, if you do then just hang around that friend while they are around him and then act really cute and funny but don't let him think you're a bimbo and then bam you start talking to him on a one on one basis and throwing indirects to him and see where it gets you.

If you don't know anyone then honey get yourself togetha and just look at him don't stare but glance here and there, just enough for him to see you looking and bam go in for the kill and step to him. Tee,hee.

Jan 25, 2008, 01:52 PM
    OK guys so today I walked passed him and I looked in his eyes and smiled. But, I don't think he noticed. So when we walked passed each other again I did the same thing. Its weird, he just doesn't noticed. But, my bff's brother is like best friend with the guy I like so that could give me a oppurtinuty to talk to him or something. Thanks for all the info. If anyone else has any tips or advice write!! =)
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 03:19 PM
    Attempted eye contact is a good start :)
    Don't be too hard on him for not noticing. Sometimes people tell me that they were shouting my name in the halls and I never saw or heard them. Lol and that's from people I know pretty well. Haha I say take the opportunity with your bff's brother. She'll probablt even help you.
    Tweebo Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 03:38 PM
    All I know is guys are supposed to lead.

Jan 25, 2008, 03:45 PM
    Thanks just curious55. And tweebo I don't know your answer what do mean guys are supposed to lead, girls can to.
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 03:50 PM
    I think tweebo means guys should be making the first move. But that's if you're old fashioned. Which I'm not. I'm a feminist- why should we have to sit waiting around for a guy? Not my thing. You can't get what you want unless you go for it. And I say go for it! :)

Feb 8, 2008, 05:29 PM
    Ok so I have a another question to ask but I didn'y feel like making a new post because it goes along with this story. So anyway I today at school I made eye contact with the guy I like but it was from a distance. I could have sworn he was looking right at ME. I looked back and I got this weird feeling inside my stomach yet it was a good weird feeling. You know what I mean. But a I was wondering if any of you guys could help me figure out if I am in love with him or have a huge crush? Rember I haven't talked to him yet but he has seen me ( I hope!) so if you guys have any questions to ask if you need to know more to tell me which it is. WRITE!! BACK!! You guys did wonders before so I am trusting you guys again!!
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2008, 05:34 PM
    I can't tell you what you're true feelings are, but I'm thinking it's probably a crush. 1)if it were really true love, would you have to ask? I think not. And 2)whie eyecontact is good, its still not conversation. And how can you really be in love with someone you don't talk to?

Feb 8, 2008, 05:48 PM
    OK you that is true I'm really trying I will keep trying to get up my nerves to talk to him! Thanks for your respones!

Feb 13, 2008, 03:46 PM
    OK I need help badly! And answer quick. So the guy I like I got his instant message name and then he instant messaged me saying hi so I said hi. Then I said whts up he said not much you. I said nm so then he says this is really not a good time to talk bye so I said bye the he said. And my friend had talked to him and he really did need to go. So I was so happy I finally kind of talked to him. So today he was on and I said hi and he said hi then I said whts up he said not much. So I said nm either. I see you are a pretty good basketball player. Then he said where did you see. I said in gym, and your on the basketball team and every time you guys have a game they say your name. Then he said oh. Then I said is that shocking or what. He said OK. Then he said hey I gtg bye. So then I said bye. And now I think he thinks I'm a loser and a stocker for knowing all that and I feel like a complete idiot and that he thinks I'm retared and I just NEED HELP!! 1!!
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2008, 04:58 PM
    If he thinks knowing what seems to be common knowledge and trying to give a complement to get the conversation going is stalkerish, forget him-he's the weird one. But maybe that's not what he's thinking at all. Maybe he really did just need to go. If you're really worried he's going to think you're stalkerish don't be the one to initiate IM's for at least a few days.

Feb 14, 2008, 02:23 PM
    OK thanks that really helped! =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

In love with someone who doesn't love me anymore. [ 8 Answers ]

I started dating my ex in Apirl of last year. We got pregnant within the first three months, and my hormones and emotions starting going crazy. I was treating him like crap, saying things like I didn't want to be with him, I would ruin the evening by thinking he didn't want me there, even though...

Real love or puppy love [ 11 Answers ]

I was wondering if the love I feel for this boy is actually true love. The thing is that I'm only 16 and I have fallen deep for this 17year old boy. We went out for a couple of months and we still talk. He recently told me he still thinks about me and his friend tells me he still likes me. However...

Does Love exist? Is there such thing as love? [ 22 Answers ]

I was wondering what is your opinion or thoughts on this situation, I went through a couple of months ago (in 2006). It was nearing the end of my first year at University, I was dancing on the last night the pub was open; suddenly, I saw a good-looking, kind of modest girl and I got the...

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

View more questions Search