Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SnapperNB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 04:26 PM
    Cold Snowblower great, cold dies
    I have an old Tech engine snowblower and it starts great and everything , but recently it has started acting-up it lacks power and dies when warmed-up please help:confused:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 23, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Try tightening the mixture screw by about 1/4 turn clockwise. See if it runs better and will stay running for about 5 minutes before you refine your mixture. If you can get a tachometer I think you will get a better running engine than adjusting by ear. If the 1/8 turn makes thinga worse the go 1/8 counterclockwise.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 11:01 AM
    Definitely use a tach.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blowing cold air.starts out warm, goes to cold. [ 6 Answers ]

Hoping for help here. I recently had my ignitor replaced. Before that, the furnace wasn't working at all. Now it starts blowing warm (not hot) air, then gradually over a period of a couple of hours, the air cools down until it is completely cold and the temperature in the house drops drastically....

Hot air great -- but followed by cold! Can't turn fan off. [ 1 Answers ]

The house stays warm in general, but cold air blows when the heat is not on. There is only one large cable leading from the furnace to a switch which turns the furnace completely off, so it's not the fan switch, is it? Can I go inside the machine to turn the fan off somehow? Thanks so much for...

New mains shower, reasonably new Combi-boiler, but hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold shower! [ 4 Answers ]

I've recently had a new bathroom put in, with a mains shower (used to be electric). But now my shower keeps running hot-cold-hot-cold every minute or so. My bath tap and sink tap in the bathroom are running fine, it's just the shower. I was told this shouldn't happen as I have a combi-boiler but...

Cold Air Registers Blowing Cold Air [ 3 Answers ]

Our cold air registers are blowing cold air worse than if the windows were open. The hot air registers blow cold air but not as forceful (maybe because they are 1/3 the size of the returns) This only happens when the furnace is off and we are heating with the wood stoves. We have metal ducting...

No Cold Water Pressure - Hot works great! [ 3 Answers ]

Usually I know it's the other way around but in our house we have really low water pressure.. but only with the cold. The most noticeable effect is when we try to use the kitchen sprayer with the cold water and it just dribbles out. When we use it with the hot, it works fine. What could be wrong...

View more questions Search