Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Edensmimi Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Jan 23, 2008, 02:36 PM
    Looking For Best Site for Dad to research On
    Ok here goes, first of all thank you for any and all who read this ;) My father is 72 years old, he is not in the best of health but has been trying and trying to gather research on our family for him to pass on to his grandkids and his great grandkids. We have been to the rootsweb and familysearch.org, but walking away with nothing. I tried rootweb by putting my dads info in it and it didn't even pull him up. PLEASE can someone either tell me where to start to find him a good source to look, he is retired on disability so he doesn't have a lot of money, I would be willing to pay a small membership fee for him, if that is what it will take to get him where he can get some results. Thanks and God Bless
    Susan
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Check this out.

There is no single site that is best for everyone. Overall I'd call ancestry.com the best paid site out there... and I pay them a good chunk of money every year for their services (databases) but as far as knowledge gained goes, I'd call it at about only 20% for info that I got from them. The rest of the info I get (20 years researching, over 12,000 people in my database) is from free sites and books of published records.
    Edensmimi Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Jan 23, 2008, 02:50 PM
    Rick, Thank you so much that will get him started ;) I just called him to tell him I was emailing him some additional info, however he is not feeling well and will check it out later. Thank you again so much
    Susan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I randomise images in a site to be linked via html coding for another site? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am mesmerised. How do Flickr, mybloglog, Facebook and numerous other sites update their badges eberytime the information is updated? Someone told me it is done with js. I hava a wordpress.com blog, which means I am not allowed to use javascript there. So I have to link my images updated...

Research [ 4 Answers ]

I have been diagnosed w/ Borderline Personality Disorder! It doesn't help that I suffer from Bipolar Disorder, & Generalized Anxiety Disorder! I want to learn about Borderline Personality Disorder so that I can know what I can try to change Or what I can not change! I believe that some of it is...

View more questions Search