Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vickisutton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 01:23 PM
    Painting shiny brass bathroom fixtures
    Can a shiny brass shower enclosure be painted? Also, can tub and skin faucets that are shiny brass?
    schwim Posts: 132, Reputation: 22

Jan 23, 2008, 09:17 PM
    Hi vicki,

You can paint any surface that you can scuff, but you will be unhappy with the results, as it will pull away very easily.

If you're going to attempt to do it, take some 220 grit sand paper, and sand the finish until you have dulled it absolutely everywhere. If you miss a spot, paint won't stick at all.

I would suggest that you save yourself a lot of time and trouble(plus heartache, when your paint falls off) and purchase fixtures in the finish that you'd like to have.

Thanks,
    Json
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 24, 2008, 09:47 AM
    "brass shower enclosure " the enclosure is brass? Schwim is correct, painting faucets is not going to work. Your first challenge is to get paint to stick, second challenge is finding paint that can withstand daily touching and rubbing. May brass fixture are coated with lacquer to slow down the friction and that eventually wears off too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get shiny shiny shoes! [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, my boyfriend recently joined the navy and is having a little trouble making his shoes look extra shiny again evry night, I wondered if anyone out there had any really good tips to shine shoes up good and new? I would be grateful for any help, thanks abbi-melissa x

Painting bathroom shower fieldstone walls [ 2 Answers ]

I am restoring a bathroom in a historic fieldstone home. The interior bathroom walls are fieldstone. Most of which have already been painted with off-white latex. Some stones are unpainted. Water from the shower head will the be hitting the fieldstone walls in the corner shower. I have prepared the...

Clogging in the bathroom fixtures [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 story townhouse in Delaware. I both of my upstairs bathrooms I have a serious problem with the sinks and the tubs/showers clogging. The water will drain but it drains very slowly. Because of how the sinks are made I haven't tried using a snake to push whatever is blocking the drain or...

Shiny hair [ 2 Answers ]

How can I make my hair really really shiney, without wahing it loads as my colour will fade? X

Painting bathroom tile [ 3 Answers ]

How do I remove paint from ceramic tiles in a shower?

View more questions Search