Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blondium Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2006, 07:55 AM
    Strange happenings...
    Okay... please try and explain this for me... I'm out of ideas.

I'm fairly sceptical about 'ghosts' etc, in that I believe most of it's "In your mind" but this has me a bit weirded-out.

Our computer sits against a wall, and behind it is a medium sized window, with fairly dark curtains.
    Often when I used the computer I would see a dark shadow (figure) move across the screen, which scared me a little. Of course when I turned around it is nothing. Being a sceptic, I ruled out every possibility...
    -Closing the window so no 'breeze' moved the curtains (and shutting the door)
    -At night only having the screen as a light source to make sure it wasn't the shadow of my head against the screen.

It still happened. I tried to ignore it (putting it down to over-active imagination) and didn't mention it to anyone but then a few weeks ago my 14 year old sister said "When I use the computer I see a shadow walk behind me."

So, keeping my cool... I ruled out more things.
    -It's not people walking past my window. I live on a farm.
    -It's not a trick of the light, I've tried many lighting combinations.
    -It happens in the day, afternoon and night but there's no set pattern... a few weeks or even months, occasionally days in a row.
    -It can't be a sudden change of outside lighting because the curtains are too thick.

Okay that's all. Once I saw a dark shadow cross my path as I left the toilet but I'd woken up 5 minutes before so I discount it.
    Occasionally I'll hear noises like people running down our hallway but our house is old and wooden so it could be expanding/contracting. (I just heard it!)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2006, 08:28 AM
    Shadows
    Hi,
    Strange, unexplainable things happen!
    Here is a link:

http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/

It does contain some links in regards to contacting others, getting more information.
    I do wish you the best.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2006, 08:43 AM
    When I was 11yrs old, I used to go to mu Nans a lot. Whenever I was upstairs on my own playing, I used to see a black shadow run across the doorway of the bedroom. It was run one way (I would then shrug it off) but I would then see it run back the other way.

Once when I was about 13yrs old, I wes sat in the livingroom watching TV whilst my nan had gone to put the washing out. The living room door was open and once again I saw a black shadown run past the door one way and then I would look back and see it run back in the other direction.

I always put it down to an overactive imagination because I used to scare myself something chronic. But now I am not so sure. My nan has moved since then so it would not bother me to find out what it may have been.

Let me know if you do find out.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 11, 2006, 05:55 PM
    I too often see black shadows move across the room but its always out the corner of my eye. One time when I was sitting in my living room I saw a black shadow enter the room from the kitchen. I wanted too look but in the past every time I did It would disappear. So I wouldn't look directly at it for ten seconds and during that time it seemed like it was approaching me then I looked and it vanished. I researched a lot about this weird phenomina and supposedly people can see ghosts not necessarily in a full body form but in the form of a dark shadow. I have always firmly believed in ghosts because I grew up in a house where we heard noises of children running up and downstairs, a woman's voice crying in the middle of the night, lights going off and on, and my brother who never believed in them the whole time was the only one who actually saw the woman spirit in that house. After that he couldn't help but believe. Usually it seems when one expirences a spirit encounter, its usually when they aren't prepared for it. It tends to catch many off guard. That's why so many people who finally expirence something like that come to believe it. I wouldn't doubt if you are having a spiritual encounter, if you are it doesn't seem to be threatening in anyway.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2006, 06:50 PM
    Its funny because when you say that you always thought these things were "in your head" you are more right than you may think. Sightings like this are often "in your head" but don't take that as a discount of them actually happening. That they transcend the physical form and almost cross the plane into the mental realm.

You create your won reality. This is why many times people that truly don't believe, don't see these things. People that say they don't believe but then see something and beome a believer, well, they never truly disbelieved in the first place.

The main thing that you need to keep in mind, without sounding too cliché, is that there is nothing to fear but fear itself. Do not fear an encounter with the supernatural. This is where movies will kill you. They are not here to harm you, kill you, haunt you, or anything like that. If anything, you may just realize something that will change your life forever.

People that fear these encounters let their weak minds and their fears ellaborate what they see or experience. This is even more in their heads than the encounters themselves.

I relate this to someone that has a "bad trip" on acid or some other psychodelic. Psychodelics do not cause bad trips... peoples weak minds allow their fears to flood their consciousness and cause these things to happen.

Sorry to babble on... just my $0.02 :D
    jebbard Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2006, 08:04 PM
    Don't doubt it
    I wouldn't doubt if you have spirits moving about in you house. It sure sounds like it. You can be skeptical but it sounds like someone who has passed is trying to let you know they are there. And you said your farmhouse is old. It could be those of the past running up and down your hallways. If it really bothers you or you need more answers try looking into having a paranormal examiner or psychic come out to your house to do some readings. Or see if you can find some history on those who have lived in your house or on that property. They might have passed on but have never left.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 11, 2006, 08:07 PM
    I find it odd how people are so quick to dismiss things that they can't explain. Everyone is so quick to say "Oh its all in my head" when how do you really know that? I never use to believe in ghosts until we moved to our house when I was seventeen. I didn't want to deal with or know anything about that topic because quite frankly it scared the crap out of me. But there had been some "unexplainable" occcurences that had happened very often over along period that I couldn't just explain away and neither could my family.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2006, 02:52 AM
    It's funny you say that. When my cat henry died a few years back. I would go to bed at night and feel footprints up my bed and then something laying between my legs. I would naturally look down and think it was my other cat Cassie, but I could never see anything only feel it. Henry used to sllep in between my legs above the cover most nights, that's how I knew it was him. He was keeping me company like he always did.

Since moving again, stupid things are happening. Like hair brushes just vanishing for weeks. We go out buy a couple new ones and they reappear in the spot that vanished from.

The kittens are always chasing nothing - and looking at things with their ears pinned, but there is never anything there. This just could be them but I have always wondered if there was something more going on in the house than we realise.
    Blondium Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2006, 03:50 AM
    I know what you mean about your cat...
    Often both my cats will just stare at an empty space with such captivation I wonder what on earth got them interested. Seriously though, when a cat sits in the middle of the floor and meows at an empty space... it's a little strange.

Not that this is proof in anyway about 'spirits' they can see... but it raises questions.

It must be nice to know that your cat still comes back to love you.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2006, 04:02 AM
    It really was. My other cat cassie (14yrs old) has been missing for 5wks. I am not sure in she is dead or still alive, but the kittens just have not been the same without her.

I have not felt her, so I am not convinced she is dead. I fear she may have been taken, or is locked in somewhere, but definitely not dead, she would be there with me in spirit if she was, just like Henry was.
    1992DodgeSpirit Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2007, 12:51 AM
    I might know a thing or 2 about spirits, I used to live near a "haunted house" where people would go to kill themselves for some reason, more then 1 dude kill them self, I remember one day I was going to walk to the house, it was like on a hill above mine, I was only like 8 at the time so I guess I was to scared at what I might see... but from my porch you could always see a shadow of something out back of the house... but nothing scares me anymore... where I used to live I could see "dead" people, where my house was used to be old rail road tracks and what not that run there and I used to own an old part of that rail road that ran there, it was dated in 1919, but for some reason that piece of the rail road disappeared on me, I looked EVERYWHERE and couldn't find it, I mean it's a big piece of metal so how hard could it be to find it... oh well :D I used to have an OLD knife that I found where I used to live near that haunted house, the knife was like 24k gold with some pictures drawed into it... weird stuff isn't it... I'm not sure if I believe even though I've seen a lot, but who knows... I've seen shadowy figures of stuff, one morning I saw a light behind me, looked back and nothing... I don't have an over active immagination, I don't even have an immagination.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strange Cat [ 7 Answers ]

My mums cat does strange things. She is a happily normal and healthy cat BUT she never poops in her litter NEVER,always in the spare bathroom where her litter is but never in it, always besides it or by the door. This is so bizarre. She is 4 yrs old and has been doing so shortly after my mum got...

Strange Noises! [ 3 Answers ]

I am running windows xp and suddenly it seems to be going very slowly and also there is a strange noise - like it loses power is the only way to explain it - like a vehicle about to stall! I have run AVG anti virus, ad-aware, spybot, ccleaner and have done a defrag - what else can I do to stop...

Why does she think I'm strange [ 14 Answers ]

We were going away for the day to a pool party. I asked my girlfriend if it was OK if I put my car in her garage. She was looking at me like why would you do that... so I explained its going to be 90 plus and I thought it would be a good idea to keep it out of the baking sun. Later at the end of...

Am I Strange? [ 12 Answers ]

hi I am a male and I am going to be 15 in April.During the last few weeks/months I have been masterbating every 2 or 3 days but I have never actually "cummed". I like girls and everything and get an erection often- at school in front of this girl I have just started going out with and at other...

Weird Happenings on Dell Computer... [ 6 Answers ]

Hello: Is it possible for a "hacker" or anyone else for that matter to gain access to a computer if that computer has no access to the internet and is not on a network. It is just a stand alone computer. I have a friend who bought a new Dell a few months ago and states that her payroll program...

View more questions Search