Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2008, 11:57 AM
    Curry Powder
    If a recipe calls for curry powder and I don't have any in the house, what can I replace it with?

Thanks!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2008, 12:01 PM
    Tough call since curry is a mixture of spices and no one spice can approximate it. Usually that's the main spice/flavour of the dish, I'd say you're toast without it. :)
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2008, 12:05 PM
    That is what I thought too Karma... Dang off to the store I go. Sort of hoping you would say here mix these together :) :)

Thanks!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2008, 12:19 PM
    You could try to recreate it: Curry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia if you keep those spices around. Not many people have turmeric handy.
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 05:50 AM
    Thanks again Karma- I ended up running out and getting some... and dinner was fabulous.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pill powder [ 1 Answers ]

I'm thinking about taking this testosterone booster called Isa-test. The problem is I have a tough time swallowing pills. I wanted to know if it's OK to break the capsule open and just eat the powder?

Slimquick powder? [ 10 Answers ]

So it's only my second day doing the slimquick diet for women , it's the one that comes in little packets to add into your water bottle and you of course have to count your calories and exercise as well I was just wondering if anyone has done this before and if it worked out for you? I want to...

Chili powder [ 1 Answers ]

Can some one please help me find the history of chili powder I'm supposed to right a paper for culinary and I'm having a hard time find important info on chili powder if you can help me id really really really appreciate it

Protein powder [ 2 Answers ]

How long before protein powder expires?

Protein Powder [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering would know if a protein powder can be harmful passed its expiration date? Thanks, Rik

View more questions Search