Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oliviaax3x Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 10:13 AM
    Cartilage Piercing?
    I just got my cartilage pierced. It is like a regular cartilage piercing and i went to Piercing Pagoda. My ear is swollen but it doesn't hurt. My mom and I don't know whether we should take it out or keep it in and see what happens. They did it with a gun not a needle. Is there a difference between them?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Swelling with any new piercing is normal. If you don't feel that you have a reason to take it out, then leave it in. If its not giving you any problems, I don't see any reason to take it out.

The difference between the gun and the needle is, for one, the needle is more sanitary. The piercing gun is not cleaned sterile enough to ensure that there is no bacteria present. Also, the piercing gun can potentially shatter your cartilage, and the people that pierce your ear with the gun are usually not trained properly. The are trained using teddy bears. In the future, I would suggest using a needle for cartilage piercings.

Good luck with your piercing! :)
    mxdope Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2011, 02:14 PM
    I got mine like 2days ago && itt hurtts I want to know if you can doo anything to prevent the pain!! It was with a gun it did not hurt when it was donw but now its in painn:-( Like wanted to know if there is a way to take the pain out && how long should I keep it inn intill I cann take it out && leave it out for like 3days!
    kaur20 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2012, 10:04 PM
    I got my cartilage piercing before 4 weeks ago.. I got a little puss (white) today and it hurts a bit . Is it normal? Or I should go to doc ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage Piercing [ 16 Answers ]

Is this piercing okay to do with a peircing gun?:D

Cartilage Piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I got a third lobe and a Cartilage Piercing done on both ears a few days ago and they didn't hurt at all during or after the piercing unless I touched them or they were hit directly. They told me that my right ear would hurt a little more because it's my dominant side, but I was a little worried...

My cartilage piercing. [ 20 Answers ]

I always wanted my cartilage pierced, just a simple stud. Though, my mother never wanted me to do it. I was at a friends house 2 days ago who has a piercing gun, that is her mothers who has a license for piercings. Anyway, so since I always wanted it done, my friend did it. It's been 2 days, and...

Cartilage piercing [ 32 Answers ]

hi, i just got my cartilage pierced yesterday it was my first time geting in periced too so im alittle freaked out.. and its not a regural stud its like bell bar.. and it hurts like crazy.. the guy who did it said to only clean it when its wet like in the shower.. which i take everyday.. and then...

Cartilage Piercing [ 1 Answers ]

I got a third lob and a Cartilage Piercing done on both ears a few days ago and they didn't hurt at all during or after the piercing unless I touched them or they were hit directly. They told me that my right ear would hurt a little more because it's my dominant side, but I was a little worried...

View more questions Search