Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KongTheKonqueror Posts: 75, Reputation: 13

Jan 23, 2008, 09:47 AM
    Objective statement
    I will be graduating with a degree in accounting this spring and am in the process of writing a resume and was wondering if I could get some opinions on the following objective statement?

To obtain a challenging position in the accounting industry that will provide experience and knowledge useful to future growth in the accounting industry.

Thank you in advance.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Jan 24, 2008, 06:24 PM
    I'm assuming you're going for an entry-level position. It's not clear what a non-challenging entry level position would be, so I'd eliminate "challenging". You repeat the phrase "accounting industry" twice. We can take it as a given that any entry-level position will provide experience and knowledge; what you're really looking for is a position with growth opportunities rather than a temporary and dead end position, no? You will want to indicate what kind of industry you're applying to - interest in what the company does is always a good idea (be sure to read up on any company before the interview).

I'd therefore reword something like this: "Seeking an entry level staff accounting position that provides opportunities for growth with a [firm/company size & type]." If you're open to relocation, you might want to indicate that in a second sentence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multiple-step income statement in good form and retained earnings statement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I would like someone to check to see if I did this correctly, if I did not then please help. Thanks The Problem is: The following pretax amounts pertain to River Corp. for the year ended December 31, 2008. Sales... $400,000 Operating Expenses... 84,000 Extraordinary gain... 30,000...

Income statement, owners equity statement and balance sheet [ 6 Answers ]

Les Fleurs, a boutique in Paris, France, had the following accounts in its accounting records at December 31, 20X2 (amounts in Euros, denoted as "E") Purchases………………... E250,000 Freight In……………… E8,000 Sales discounts…………. 4,000 Purchase returns…….. 7,000 Inventory Sales…………………. ...

Financial Statement with Balance sheet and income statement [ 1 Answers ]

Here's the problem: The Hobart Company incurred the following transactions during 2003: A. Acquired $50,000 of cash capital from owners B. Paid $10,000 to acquire manufacturing equipment C. Paid $5,000 cash for materials used in production D. Paid $2,000 for wages of production workers...

Prepare income statement and retained earning statement [ 1 Answers ]

The following information was taken from the 2004 financial statement of pharmecutical giant Merck and CO. All dollar amounts are in millions. Retained earnings, January 1, 2004 34,142.0 Materials and production expense 4,959.8 Marketing and administrative expense 7,346.3 Dividends 3,329.1...

Objective [ 17 Answers ]

What am I suppose to put for an objective when I don't have any goals and I don't have much job exerpience?

View more questions Search