Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 23, 2008, 10:53 AM
    Well, my parents wouldn't give details about their sex lives, but we were WELL aware that they had a healthy one. Kind of hard to hide that stuff in a 900 square foot apartment, especially from teenagers.

There would be jokes about their sex life when we were older (I once pointed out an grossly fat woman --she had to weigh about 450 lbs -- and nudged my mom and asked her if we should approach her on behalf of my dad, as a mistress [okay--before people get REALLY weird, it's an ongoing family joke. We ALL send pictures of toothless, hairy, fat, ugly AWFUL looking people as possible mates for each other, even the married people] and she gave a look and said "No, you dad likes me on top sometimes and she'd squish him". Ew.) but my parents NEVER told us details.

The long and short of it is that we were taught to respect our bodies,and to make anyone we were dating respect our bodies, but that sex is something that can and should be talked about. If you had talked to your boyfriend about your views before you talked to your parents about his fantasies, you wouldn't be where you are right now. You were in a 5 month relationship and had sex with him before you could TALK about sex with him? How silly is that?

All of that being said--tell him you're sorry, it's over and ask him please not to contact you any more. You can not salvage this relationship at this point--you think he's perverted, you told his fantasies to your parents (which I agree he has the right to be upset about). I don't blame him, either, for being upset that you're ending the relationship over a problem he didn't even know existed until you ended things--how is THAT communication in a relationship, anyway? You're supposted to talk to EACH OTHER, not friends and parents!--but the fact is, the actions by both of you have doomed this relationship at this point.
    2personal Posts: 49, Reputation: 7

Jan 23, 2008, 12:50 PM
    I'll tell you what I think, this bloke will be better off without you, on the one hand you say... "I'm one of those girls thats sits back and doesnt speak her mind"... hell, then on the other, you have done a lot of talking with your family and friends and turned them all against this bloke, and then you told him the night before you dumped him that you loved him, and now you feel bad, huh, what about this poor bloke, you think your confused, you owe it to this bloke, and tell him that you're a two faced, attention seeker, and that your no good for him or anyone else, until you grow up... all this because your narrow minded when it comes to sex, saying that, I'm not suggesting you do things your not happy doing. Good Luck you need it.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2008, 01:32 PM
    This is a Board for *Adult* Sexuality, and your situation seems to call for a person who is an expert in teen relationships.

That said, be sure and follow what your parents suggest. :)

Have a wonderful 2008!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does he deserve to know how I feel? [ 12 Answers ]

About two months ago, I broke up with my boyfriend because he wasn't willing to make a commitment to me and wanted me to wait while he decided if I should be in his life. We haven't talked at all, mainly because we live in two different states. Since breaking up with him, I've had mixed feelings...

Does my boyfriend deserve me? [ 7 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship now for a year and 3 months. I have known my boyfriend for about 2 years before we even started dating. When I found out he liked me I knew he was the one. After about 6 months into the relationship things started changing. We argued more we grew apart on the things we...

Do I deserve someone better? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I know my username is nick88 but in fact I am a girl so don't think it's a boy talking about his boyfriend. Lol anyway I need some help on my relationship situation. I've been going out with my boyfriend for about a year now. It has has its ups and downs. I feel like I deserve someone better...

When does another woman deserve to know about a serial cheater? [ 2 Answers ]

My best girlfriend's husband cheated on her (she later found out) all through her marriage of 10 years. She brielfy attempted to reconcile and then moved on... Her EX has since begun a serious relationship with girl with a great reputation. She has NO IDEA. And thinks him to be "The One" after...

Didn't deserve ex, but now maybe do [ 5 Answers ]

Hi... Yeah. So pretty much I went out with this guy for six months and I just didn't feel like I deserved him because I didn't feel like I loved him anymore. Shortly after, he got a new girlfriend, and they have been dating for about 3 months. I still love him and I want him back but I...

View more questions Search