Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charliepia Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Jan 23, 2008, 08:14 AM
    A questions for true Jews only!
    Why do the Jewish people not accept Jesus as the Messiah like Christian people do?

I want real Jewish people to answer this one so I get the correct perspective on this.

Thank you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2008, 09:17 AM
    To put it simply, there are certain signs that the Old Testament states will herald the coming of the Messiah. All those signs were not present for Jesus, so Jews are still waiting.
    rosends Posts: 78, Reputation: 22

Jan 23, 2008, 11:12 AM
    There are three different avenues of answer to this -- I'll touch on each briefly.

1. There are things the messiah must do which Jesus didn't do

Certain basic messianic prophecies have never been fulfilled, thus Jesus didn't do what needed to be done

2. There are things thst the messiah must be that Jesus wasn't

Issues such as the anointing oil, proper lineage, a military leader

3. There are things that Jesus did that aren't appropriate for the messiah

Advocating changing Jewish law and dying before accomplishing his tasks are examples.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jan 23, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Primarily, as Jews, we need the messianic age/era to be upon us. When looking back historically we see that this did not happen with the advent of Christianity. In other words we look forward to the messiah that provides fulfillment in Torah, brings justice, and then eventual lasting peace to the world.

The board had two rather lengthy posts on the subject, both with details. However one was removed due to the original posters misconduct, but the other is still here to read on this link:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/judais...siah-4999.html

Bobby
    ZachZ Posts: 71, Reputation: 8

Jan 24, 2008, 08:07 AM
    Another 'true Jew' checking in. rosends' answer sums up the three categories of reasons as to why it is simply a fact that the Jewish messiah has not come yet in general, and why j*sus fails as a candidate in particular. I am sure you will get no end of support for detailed points in each of these categories if you ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone please help with the following true or false questions [ 7 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with the following true or false questions. I am having a bit of a problem with them. I would appreciate the help in solving them. Thanks 1. The left side of every liability account is the debit side. 2. Revenues are increased with debits. 3. Balance sheet...

Jews [ 18 Answers ]

Why don't Jews celebrate Christmas? And what festival do they celebrate in December? And what's that festival about? From Cocopops2311

The Count of Monte Cristo True and False Questions [ 1 Answers ]

1. The Count takes Maximilen out of town to his home in Normandy for a vacation. 2. The Count uses the first letter that Caderousse writes to reveal that Andrea is Benedetto. 3. Albert first accuses Villefort for his fathers misfortune. 4. Fernand Mondego was loyal to Ali Pasha until the end of...

View more questions Search