Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zehrron Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 06:55 AM
    Burners cycle
    I have a Weather King furnace and a White-Rodgers thermostat. Occasionally, the burners will cycle and the next time it would work fine. When it does malfunction, the exciter fan starts, about 30 seconds later the burners will ignite, but they go out before the fan motor starts. The burners continue to cycle on and off until the furnace shuts down. The furnace will immediately start up again and go through the same process. This has been going on for a few weeks, but the frequency wasn't enough to affect the temperature in the house. The past couple of days, the temperature on the thermostat would drop about 4 degrees below the selected temperature before the furnace would kick on. Today, it didn't come on and no matter what I do, the burners cycle. PLEASE help me!!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 23, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Clean the flame sensor.
    Zehrron Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 09:16 AM
    Thank you for your help. I was looking for a flame sensor in the burner chamber, but don't see it. Where else should I look? Is it on the electronic ignition portion? What should I use to clean it? Thank you.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 23, 2008, 09:28 AM
    I believe if you surf around in the beginning of this board under sticky notes it will show a example of a flame sensor and the location.
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Jan 23, 2008, 06:03 PM
    Look at the extreme far left or right of the burner box. There will be a probe that the flame should hit within a few seconds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aquarium Cycle: The Nitrogen Cycle [ 7 Answers ]

Have you ever wondered what it really means for your aquarium to be "cycled"? This is referring to natures Nitrogen Cycle. Here is a quick break down for a better understanding: The Nitrogen Cycle is natures way of purifying itself. It is the process in which nature creates beneficial...

In Plants: Light Cycle vs Dark Cycle vs Calvin Cycle vs Cellular Respiration? [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone explain to me the difference between these? I am trying to write a lab report and have no idea what I'm writing about.

Why do the burners go out before the fan even comes on? [ 2 Answers ]

The furnace ignites quickly with a blue flame and burns for approximately 2 minutes. Then the whole unit stops silent for about a second. Then the fan finally comes on after all of this and blows somewhat hot air for approximately 3 minutes. The entire cycle is 2 minutes of burners, then 3...

Carrier split - heat burners cycle on and off [ 7 Answers ]

Carrier split unit in heat mode appears to basically operate OK. Once the pilot is lit and the burners come on, the pilot remains lit but the burners will intermittently cycle on and off. This appears to sometimes delay the blower from turning on. Once the blower turns on, it heats to the set temp...

View more questions Search