Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamila98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2006, 11:17 PM
    What else can I do?
    I have been given an ultimatum to lose weight. That was last year 2005 for new years. Since then, I broke up with the person given the ultimatum and lost 14 pounds afterwards. I started at 225 and now I am stuck on roughly 209 -212 depending on the day. I do small workouts three days a week, I cut out red meat, fried foods, sweets, and soda. I rarely eat anymore because I am finding myself confused on what is good and what isn't. The ony thing I know is eating 2 eggs, slice of turkey bacon, whole wheat bread and a glass of water. Most of the time, I don't even feel like eating. I really am getting frustrated because I am not seeing a difference since I lost 14 pounds.
    I also work an overnight shift and I only drink water and chew eclipse gum. Can any one give me more advice?

Thanks
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2006, 11:49 PM
    Congrads on losing 14lbs so far!

Ultimatum's are silly unless one side is planning on following though. Your partner doesn't seem like the best to give you an ultimatum to lose weight. Good thing you broke up with them.

A tip. Next time you are hungry and want a snack, have a glass of water instead.

Sometimes losing weight takes time. It has only been 11 days since New Years, so be patient and keep trying to lose weight.

You say you do small workouts 3 times a week. That is good, since exercise is one of the components to losing weight.

However, perhaps you should try small workouts 7 days a week. And also try adding more exercise into your daily routines. Why take the elevator up 5 flights, when you can walk it? Instead of driving to the store, walk to the store.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2006, 07:08 AM
    Weight
    Hi,
    Congratulations on the 14 lbs.
    You might have already purchased a small paperback book of Calories. I do apologize in advance if you know the calories in food/drink, for offering this following suggestion.
    On an average, 2000 cal. a day (24 hours) is the amount for weight maintenance, no gain, no loss. This is from my Doctor, and also from many online sites. Many sites also give "calorie counters" online, with calories for every food and drink. Some, like Pizza Hut, even give the calories in various slices of their pizzas!
    Losing weight can sometimes stop, as the body adjusts itself, maybe going up a lb or two, then coming back down. My wife experienced this over about 3 weeks time, then started losing more weight slowly.
    At some point, it will then start losing or gaining again.
    If you are counting calories, then stick to your 2000 or less for each day, and eventually, you should lose a little more.
    I do wish you the best, and hang in there.
    Terii Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2006, 12:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainForest
    A tip. Next time you are hungry and want a snack, have a glass of water instead.
    Yeah! Everyone gives this kind of tip.. but... when I`m hungry, I usually have a cup of tea.. then another one... then.. another one... but eventually, my stomach is not responding to water... it`s still hungry! And I feel sick then.
    So, water is not the answer to everything. If I could go on on water only, I`d do it gladly :) as water doesn`t cost too much LOL!
    Littlebear Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2006, 04:24 AM
    Don't give up. If you change your workout around it will help burn more fat!
    ANLELOLU Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2006, 11:30 AM
    You need to make sure you are eating at least 1200 cal a day... if you drop below this point for more than 3 days your body thinks you are starving and cuts you metabolism in HALF. Which means on half the amount of food you have been eating will stop your weight loss or worse you could start gaining again. Five small meals a day is best. Your body is like a furnace, you have to feed it or the fire goes out. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search