Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loumor22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 04:09 AM
    Am I eliglble for Portuguese citizenship
    Hi, I was born in 1972 in the State of Kuwait (Middle East). Both my parents were born in Goa in 1938 and 1939 respectively.
    I can provided all the necessary papers from the local civil offices.

Am I eliglble to apply for Portuguese citizenship?

Louis Morais
    Larissa Bona Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by loumor22 View Post
    Hi, I was born in 1972 in the State of Kuwait (Middle East). Both my parents were born in Goa in 1938 and 1939 respectively.
    I can provided all the necessary papers from the local civil offices.

Am I eliglble to apply for Portuguese citizenship?

Louis Morais
    Yes, but indirectly.

Your parents are Portuguese citizens because they were born in the former Portuguese State of India.

The first step would be to register the births of your parents in Portugal and after that you are going to become eligible to apply for the Portuguese citizenship.

However, there are some issues with the preparation of the documents that must be very well explained in order to have a successful application, because the documents demanded by the Portuguese government are very old and they are all expired.

There are also other issues that would influence your application and I would only be able to provide you accurate information after I could make you some questions.

>Personal contact information REMOVED<
    Anthony Peter Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2008, 11:27 PM
    Dear Louis,

It's great that you have found Larissa Bona to help you with your application. She has been assisting my case and found her to be very reliable and hardworking.

Devo Bora Kor,

Anthony
    Qatar.
    degold_brian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 09:18 PM

Dude, you are perfectly eligible for the process of Portuguese nationality. I am from Goa and have commenced my process which is through a very reputed firm in Goa and a set of highly qualified lawyers in Lisbon... this process they assure completes within 1 year if all is in order...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portuguese citizenship and macau [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm an Australian citizen wanting to acquire Portuguese nationality. My father was born (in the 1950's) in Shanghai to parents who descended from Portuguese citizens in Macau. He was a portuguese citizen until the 1980's. During the 1980's he lost his passport and when my mother went to...

Portuguese Citizenship from Grandparents? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have sort of a unique situation and was hoping someone could answer a question for me. I am an american citizen in my 60's and my grandparents were from Portugal, do grandchildren qualify for Portuguese citizenship? Also considering that my grandparents and parents are deceased how would I...

Portuguese Citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My dad had dual citizenship, holding a South African and Portuguese passport. He died 7 years ago and therefore I could not confirm if the citizenship is still active. Is it possible for me to apply for citizenship in Portugal due to decent or not since he is deceased. If it is how do I...

Portuguese citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Have a friend in south america who's were from portugal. Is he eligible to apply for portuguese citizenship?

Getting a portuguese citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, My wife and me have been married for more than 4 years, I am from portugal she is from venezuela , I would like to know , what does she need to get my nationality(requirements) please let us know.. Many thanks... Joao da silva

View more questions Search