Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MarionAlwaysRunin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 12:09 AM
    Is there such a thing as a morning after pill for dogs and is it safe?
    Is there such a thing as a morning after pill for dogs and is it safe?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2008, 07:14 AM
    Marion, there is a pill called Diethylstilbestrol (DES) that is used for other medical issues but is capable of causing an abortion in a dog. It is not the most reliable of methods and as far as I know, most vets will not prescribe it for that purpose. If you think that your dog may be pregnant, please call your vet for direction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are hot dogs safe for dogs [ 7 Answers ]

Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?

Morning after pill for dogs [ 13 Answers ]

I have a English Springer Spaniel that was bred by a yellow lab that was passing through the neighborhood last night. How do I get the morning after pill or injection for her so that she does not have puppies? This dog was a lot bigger than my dog. This is also her first time of mating. It is her...

Morning After Pill for dogs [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a morning after pill for dogs. Can an abortion be performed on dogs?

Morning after pill [ 1 Answers ]

I took the morning after pill on the 7th and had bleeding on the 11-15, was that my period?? Do I need to be worried?? Thanks

"Morning after" pill for dogs? [ 1 Answers ]

We THOUGHT we took all the necessary precautions to keep our 1 1/2 year old purebred Weimaraner from being bred... needless to say the Sheltie found its way out of a 6' privacy fence and she found her way out of the kennel on the other side of the house. I came home to them being tied in the...

View more questions Search