Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnshort Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 10:23 PM
    Fight for rights of job oppertunitys
    Is there anyway I can fight Florida state laws on the base of discrimination for disreguards of applications for job placement. Do to the fact of my background?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2008, 06:16 AM
    Depends... what is your backround ?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2008, 06:22 AM
    Hello john:

Most laws against discrimination protect people who have some trait that cannot be changed. Your "background" is behavior. Having behaved badly in the past and gotten better doesn't make you a member of a protected class of workers.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to fight [ 6 Answers ]

I am 14 and I am sick of taking shit from people. It really pisses me off when people diss me but I don't know how to fight because I have always been calm about these things but it has gotten out of hand.

Birthfather Fight [ 9 Answers ]

We are going through an adoption here and have run into a problem. The birthmom has signed over her rights, but now the birthfathers grandmother has step in. She wants her grandson to raise the child. He is 16 and in trouble with the law (at bootcamp). His father is in prison, so grandmother is...

Boyfriend and I fight [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for four months. Today we were at my dads house and drank a few beer, I hand't ate yet and was feeling sick, he said he would cook for me when we got back to my house when he was done his beer. Well we ended up getting into a HUGe fight cause I was not talking...

The homeland fight. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a U.S. service member of lower ranking, and it's hard for me to find an affordable lawyer. I'm currently deployed overseas and I'm trying to file for a divorce, before I lose my career due to the fighting at home. I have one son, and a step-child(priceless joy). I'm already handling...

View more questions Search