Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcneill2181 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 10:06 PM
    Bleeding before my period and on birth conrol
    Hello, I am 22 years old and have been on birth control since I was 16. I am in a relationship with someone who I've been with for 5 years, and we typically do not use condoms but if I am in between getting my birth control we do. I have been bleeding for the past 8 days really light for most of it and then really heavy for part, but I can generally manage on light liners. It is usually reddish brown and sometimes it almost looks black, my periods are always regular because of my pill, but I am not suppose to get my period for another couple of days. I don't really want to go to my doctor because I don't want to seem like a hypochondriac but people keep bringing up the big pregnancy word and I am getting a little worried. I don't know if I am overreacting but it is scary. Does anyone have any advice on what could be happening?? :confused:
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2012, 05:39 PM
    Since no form of birth control will be 100% effective, pregnancy would be a possibility to check into. However, it is not unusual for there to be irregular bleeding or spotting while using hormonal types of birth control. Sometimes this can occur even when it never has before. It may be due to not starting a new pack of pills, or getting the next injection, on schedule, since there will be a change in hormone levels. It can also just be from how a woman's body happens to be effected by the hormones... which can change over time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6weeks after giving birth and still bleeding. [ 14 Answers ]

I gave birth naturally six weeks ago, and I am still bleeding... 2 days ago I thought I was done since I had pretty much finished the lochia stage, but I woke up to bright red bleeding and small clots. I have no idea what is going on and I can't get to the doctor till Tuesday. I am strictly...

I'm on the depovera birth control shots and I am bleeding only during or after sex [ 1 Answers ]

I have been using depo for months and I've had major pains in my stomach and have had shortness of breath and headaches. I have also have had the feeling of faitness or contstant nerveounes. Lately every time I've had intercorse of anykind I start to bleed. This did not happen before I started...

Bleeding on birth control [ 1 Answers ]

I've been on birth control for three months now. I've been bleeding for the last 2 weeks and I'm still bleeding. What should I do and what's wrong with me?

No period after 17 weeks from birth [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Just a bit worried really. I still have no sign of a period after 17 weeks from my birth date. I get all the stomach cramps that you get before them but no sign of a bleed? Is this normal? Thanks Sarah xxx

Bleeding during birth control [ 4 Answers ]

I have a question regarding bleeding during birth control. I have been on the pill for over 7 years for endometriosis. I have always had regular periods while on the pill and have always been on the same kind, never switching brands. Right now I have about half done my pack of pills and a I...

View more questions Search