Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kay_ub Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2006, 09:43 PM
    Eye sight problem
    Hello, I have this eye problem once in a while (2-3 times a year) now, last week I had it 3 times and I am worried. I have these blind spots, not foggy, not dark, rather very bright on some areas of my focus. If it's on the side, I cannot see things from the side, if it's right on my focusing area I can't really see what I am trying to see, instead I can see other things to the left and right side of me. Right now I am having this problem and it's taking me long time to write this because I have to correct what I am writing all the time. I had an eye check many times, but because these things don't accidentally happen when I am at the doctor's office they just don't know what is happening. All the test results are fine. What it might be? Also, when I close my eyes I can see sparkling little area just on the spot where I cannot see. Also, it's on my both eyes and moves with my eye movement, the shape varies and so does the size. So that made me think that it might not be an eye problem exactly.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2006, 10:03 PM
    You don't know who to type without looking at the keyboard? :p

That's OK, I use to be like that for years.

White Spots:
    Sometimes if I stare into a pot light in my house and then look away, I see lots of spots. That's not fun.

Sometimes I have had problems with my vision, i.e, can't see. I find that the reason for me is that I am tired. When I don't get enough sleep, it affects my vision. Are you getting enough sleep at night?

Another option is the next time this happens, immediately go to your doctor while it is happening.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2006, 07:24 AM
    Eyesight
    Hi,
    I had visions like this many, many years ago. There were small blind spots, lasted about 15 minutes. Sometimes, they looked like small "lightening streaks" with "stars". It increasingly got worse, happening more and more.
    Come to find out that it was high blood pressure causing it!
    After I started taking medications to lower the blood pressure, I haven't seen any of them in years.
    I am not saying you have high blood pressure, but it might be worth your time to see a doctor for a checkup.
    My Aunt started "seeing" the same things, and sure enough, she also had high blood pressure.
    Some eye doctors check the blood pressure before giving an eye exam, while others don't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Playboy girlfirend problem.. Real problem [ 14 Answers ]

I have this new girlfriend.. that I really, really like (more than any other). She seems really nice... she was wearing everything of the "playboy" (earrings, bag, shirt, etc, etc) brand name / merchandise. I thought it was cute and a one time thing. Until I saw her bedroom.. It was 100%...

What a sight! [ 3 Answers ]

I just wondered if everyone else new what they could find on this site. I was looking under FAQs and wow. It's almost scarey, you can see where everyone is on the forum. There is also a map although I'm not sure it is accurate, as there is no dot anywhere near where I am. Go figure. Anyway, I...

Love at first sight [ 3 Answers ]

Tell me about the first time you laid eyes on your pet/pets.

View more questions Search