Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kay_ub Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2006, 09:19 PM
    Chicken pox
    Hello, I am pregnant for 4 months and never had chicken pox before. This weekend I am planning to see my teacher who's child has been infected with chicken pox. My teacher has not been infected maybe because she had it before. Now, I worry that my teacher might carry the virus (not infected by herself) and get me infected when we meet and kiss and shake hands to say hello. Should I be worried?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2006, 09:35 PM
    Why have you not gotten the Chicken Pox vacinne?

Perhaps you should look into getting it. That is, unless they don't let you because you are pregnant.

If you are worried, then Don't shake her hand and Don't kiss her. Tell her you wish to keep your distance right now.
    kay_ub Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2006, 09:47 PM
    Thank you for your reply. However I can't get a vaccine now or tell her that I want to stay away. Thus, I just need to know the fact, does it or does it not transmit through someone else. The saliva or fluid that came from her child must get dry, but will the virus still live?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2006, 10:00 PM
    From: http://kidshealth.org/parent/infecti...icken_pox.html

Pregnant women, as well as people with diseases or problems with their immune system, should not be near a person with chickenpox. If a pregnant woman who hasn't had chickenpox in the past contracts it (especially before 20 weeks), the fetus is at risk for birth defects.

From a quick read, I think it is a very slim chance you can contract it from her, but there is always a chance. If the germs get on you, that could be a problem.

And I am not saying to stay away from her, but there is no need to go kissing her and engaing in body contact with your teacher. Isn't the job of a teacher, to teach?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reheating chicken [ 7 Answers ]

Once you have cooked chicken and it is cool can you reheat it? QuEstBoy:p

Chicken pox or what? [ 24 Answers ]

Well, we have all been sick in some way or another in the last two weeks. I need an opinion of what you think this could be. All 5 kids were sick: 1 was vomitting, had a fever for two days, head throb for a few days, then she was fine. 2 started this whole mess, he had a headache and fever...

My dog refused to eat anything but chicken. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, My samoyed of 7 years, had glaucoma 3 weeks ago and had his left eye removed, a few days before the op to keep his strength up we gave him a whole chicken a day, and also a few days after the op, he now refuses his own meat although we have tried to ween him off the chicken, by mixing...

Can you ever get rid of chicken pox scars? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows hwo to get rid of chicken pox scars? Is it possible? Thank you

Chicken, ziti and broccoli [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, does anyone have a message for a chicken,ziti, and broccoli dish either with a light wine sauce or a light creamy sauce, they sell this in a lot of restaurants but i don't know what they use to make the sauce. Thanks for your help

View more questions Search