Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajr2295 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 05:35 PM
    Any ideas?
    Hello! I've been having some issues with some kids in school.
    I must admit, I'm slightly nerdy. I love being in the school band, math is my favorite subject, and I've gotten nothing but As on every report card I've ever gotten.
    I am very proud of these things, but it's given me an odd "reputation".
    People don't pay any attention to me - I did a 2 week project with 3 others, and at the en of the 2 weeks one kid still didn't know my name!
    There was this kid in science class yesterday who needed a pencil. He asked every student in the class - except me - for a pencil. (not like it would have mattered, because I didn't have a pencil)
    I sit next to this kid in social studies, and we were cutting stuff out for a report. There weren't enough scissors to go around, so the kid I sit next to said I could use his after. Then another kid came up and asked if he could use the scissors next.
    He said, "No, sorry, A*** is using them after me." The kid said, "A***? Who's A***?" and I have 4 classes with him.
    I don't know what to do. There have been many more incidents like the above, and it's starting to drive me insane.
    Does anybody have any suggestions?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2008, 05:40 PM
    I think that is kind of normal for school. Kids get in their own clicks and don't pay attention to anybody or anything else. I bet Bill Gates, or some famous people, had the same problem when he was in school.
    Maybe when kids walk up to you say hi and their name and then they might make it a point to find out your name.
    happy711 Posts: 215, Reputation: 4

Jan 25, 2008, 08:48 PM
    Sooner or later, you will be the one laughing at them when you get a great job and go to a good college. So just stay with your close friends and it won't even matter what they say.
    Lief_of_Del Posts: 57, Reputation: 4

Jan 26, 2008, 12:33 AM
    Lol actuall it doesn't mean anyhting about the name forgetting thing
    I have a really bad time with names if I haven't hung out with them for a couple of days
    I forget most of my cousins names while at family parties and have to be introduced to them repeatedly

Pretty much I don't learn names unless they are my friends because we started playing together or I memorized their name because of a crush or needed to to run for class president

Findsomething in common with someone and talk, play, or just hang out with them
    If you have fun with them then they will eventually learn your name

My girlfriend yells at me because I keep forgetting her last name
    Its really funny, but I never say it or anything
    godiscool Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Jan 30, 2009, 05:07 PM

I used to have this problem to. What I did was I just paid no attention to it kept doingwhat I was doing. Now, the people that made fun of me are my closest friends.
    angel66647 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2009, 06:52 PM

If you want to be smart and popular at the same time in school get an awesome haircut like some spikes (simple) you don't have to wear gangster clothes or skater clothes to look cool those are just wannabea clothes wear like long sweaters jeans vans shoes are prety awesome wristbands with spikes or gloves with no finger covering ig you don't want to wear sweater just put on a normail black t shirt or one that has a joke on it like the one with the squirrel with the stick that say "protect your nuts' lol I asure you more people will talk to u
    OhTheBrave Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 07:01 AM

I have a kid like that at my school and other people there pick on him like that. Its just how they think is cool which its not. You should be proud of your grades anyway. I mean if you are that smart than you have an advantage! When you grow up you will probably be a great business man or what ever you want to be because you are that smart. If those people are treating you like trash just look away because they are so stupid. They could have a great friend like you or have nothing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any Ideas? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 36 and a half weeks pregnant and dilated to a one is there any safe ways to begin labor? I have heard of castor oil but that can be harmful and I don't want to do anything that could harm the baby.

Need Ideas [ 12 Answers ]

Okay, I am creatively challenged when it comes to projects that my kids have to do for school. My daughter has to make a strand of DNA for a science project. They already did the one that uses candy in class, so we can't do that. Does anyone know of a really cool way to make a strand of DNA?

Name ideas [ 17 Answers ]

I am looking for the right name for a baby boy: the mother's name is Shay and the father's name is Andrew Does anyone have any ideas

Need Ideas [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am 27 yrs old. I Currently work for Verizon. It's a good job with decent pay and benefits. The problem is that I am just making it. My goal is to save enough money for a down payment on a house. I need some ideas for a home based bussines or any other money making ideas were I can pull...

Any ideas? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a friend that just broke up with her boyfriend a three weeks ago and she is usually sad and doesn't want to do anything besides being in her house and by herself, she was with her boyfrined for a year and one month. The only thing is that her ex boyfriend send my friend a valentine's day...

View more questions Search