Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tom809 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 04:45 PM
    Stay with girlfriend or move on!
    OK I have been dating a girl for about 10 years now on and off. We were actually engaged
    At one point and than broke up. We are also living together right now. Anyway I met this girl through family. I really liked her a lot. She was really pretty, smart, and nice. She started emailing me without telling me who she was. I was really mad when I first found
    Out.Now though I guess I can understand her fears. She said she was scared I might say something. It really is a strange situation when you meet someone you like through family. I don't know what to do. Should I stay with my girlfriend which may never go anywhere or go with the new. Should I take a chance...
    EuRa Posts: 315, Reputation: 64

Jan 22, 2008, 11:11 PM
    10 years and never got married? Do you have commitment issues?

Are you insecure? Do you need to be in a relationship or something? Why are you jumping from one to the other?

Anyway, in your case, it seems like you have been kept in this fenced in area for 10 years, and you got yourself a ladder and saw the grass on the other side. It's greener and looks nice, and now you want to go over there and try it out.

Problem is, do you really think you'd be able to just get rid of your ex and move on so easily? If so, what kind of heartless bastard are you! If not, then this obviously won't work.

I don't know. If I were you, honestly, I'd be talking to my girlfriend. I'd tell her that I'd have issues about the relationship and that I've had the thoughts about seeing other people. See what she says. See if she wants to work it out, or see if she wants a mutual break up too.

10 years and not married? What the hell, man! And now you want to leave? You're wasting your life, and more importantly, you're wasting hers. Either get it done, or get the hell out.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 08:40 AM
    The grass might be greener on the other side but it's just as hard to cut as they say. What makes you think you will not stay with the new girl for a few years and then see someone else you like? Make a decision, man! Stay or go. Just make sure it is the right one.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 30, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Unless you are a bigtime, heartless player, you break up with the current g/f, before you pursue the new girl. 10 years and no marriage? One of you has issues.
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Jan 30, 2008, 09:12 AM
    Bluerose is right. The grass might be greener, but it's just as hard to cut.

These issues you are having are coming from within. (commitment issues, codependancy etc.) You will continue to have the same problems until you nip them in the a$$. And you should never ever ever dump a girl for another one. You dump them because you aren't happy. And if you aren't happy, you should have gotten out long ago. But seriously, don't jump into something else like that.
    thegirlishurting Posts: 38, Reputation: 5

Jan 30, 2008, 03:03 PM
    Wow, are you sure this new girl is worth more or even the same as your girlfriend? What caused your on-off relations with your girlfriend? Boredom?

You do know know that its risky entertaining another girl while you're still with your girlfriend... could it be that you're simply flattered you got someone's attention? Sort your problems with your current girlfriend before you take a plunge with this new girl...

... btw, I don't feel comfortable with women who flirts with guys who are already taken. Are you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend wants to move! [ 10 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been going out for almost 3 years. We've been talking about marriage, and been working on a future together but after this holiday season she's had thoughts of moving back home to Wisconsin. She says she loves me, and I know she means it, but she says the only way she will...

Girlfriend move to different state/home [ 12 Answers ]

I had the fights of all fights last night with my boyfriend of 3 years ,that I have a 13 month old son with. We moved to l.a. last summer for his job. I am a stay at home mom and we just bought a $3.6 million home. He had a trust set up for our son and had taken out life insurance with me as...

My girlfriend lives with me and is unsure if she wants to stay with me [ 5 Answers ]

This is my first time on this site, but I thought that it would be nice to get some advice from non-biased people (meaning not friends or family). Just a little background on my current relationship. Currently, my girlfriend and her son live with me, and we have been together for 6 months. ...

My girlfriend wants to move away [ 1 Answers ]

I have been with my girlfriend for 8 years. I am 30 and she is 27. We have both been very happy until just recently when she has been acting a little funny. She said the other day "is this it?" meaning is this our lives now, is this what we do for the rest of our lives? This puzzled me as nothing...

Why doesn't my girlfriend want me to stay at her place? [ 11 Answers ]

I have been with this girl for 3 years off anf on and I have always been allowed to sleep at my girlfriends house. Last year I moved away and since then we have been in a stressful long distance relationship in which we both have cheated at least once. Recently things have changed and now we are...

View more questions Search