Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    umasslacrosse Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Noisy AC - Furnace fan motor
    The fan starts making noise... then, all of a sudden, the noise is reduced to a loud hum. The unit is typical of a residential home heating and ac unit. Split system for cooling and gas for heating. Not a heat pump.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 22, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Blower Motor run capacitor or blower motor or both.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noisy Blower Motor [ 4 Answers ]

I had the 1 hp blower motor on my furnace/air conditioner replaced in December 2005. In the last 2 days, it has gotten extremely loud. It still works, but it sounds like there's an airplane in my basement. Any ideas about what could be going wrong? Is it something that can be fixed or will I...

Noisy furnace fan [ 1 Answers ]

My gas furnace motor has become very noisy something is rattling inside. I have removed the casing to the fan and squirrel cage is able to turn on the shaft. There is a locking ring with a small bolt but tightening this only locks it to the shaft, the cage is still able to turn on the shaft. I...

Noisy(?) New Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

So, I have this new 95% Efficient York Infinity 9M modulating furnace recently installed. All seems to work but the noise when it runs (at the "low stage", I think) is "whirry" and just plain hard to get used to. It's not that loud, there are no vibrations, but there is just a constant machinery...

Noisy furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE 70 furnace, manufactured around 1990. It has been serviced yearly since I purchased the home 6 years ago. About 2 months ago it began making a low pitch rumble after the burners ignite and before the fan kicks on. The rumble occurs 35 seconds after the burners ignite and lasts...

Noisy furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace makes a banging/popping sound when it starts up and when it shuts off. What causes this?

View more questions Search