Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Changeofheart08 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 11:45 AM
    What Should I Do About This Future Nba Star??
    Hi I'm 16 years old and I've attended school with this guy since the 6th grade and I moved away to jersey after we graduated the 8th with each other and he is attended this school in queens with a lot more different people to him and I'm attending this reatarded school with all these ghetto kids and I don't think he has respect for me because I let him do whatever
    And I 4give him 4 it with a simple smile and I'm just hurting. He's 6'8 the first freshman to join the varsity basketball team in his school in over 50 something years. This isn't the reason why I love him so much I just never gave him his way and I'm losing it. I don't know if it's because I moved 2 jersey from the ny but we planned to go to high school prom together and he replied "these white girls has money" and he told me"i should grow my hair" I just never thought it would happen to me . Since he knows all my struggles and stuff. When I give up he pulls me back. What should I do?? Please reply even though you may think it is small it is really big to me!!
    We are both sopomores now and it is more serious than you guys may think!!
    EuRa Posts: 315, Reputation: 64

Jan 22, 2008, 11:40 PM
    Wow.

So you said "future NBA star" in your topic, which tells me you care more about his possible fame and fortune than the boy himself. If he were to break his leg and never amount to anything, you'd still love him? The answer might be "yes", but it hasn't happened yet.

Anyway, you are both at different schools, and if he's really going to be popular for playing on the varsity team as a freshman (which my brother did as an 8th grader, by the way, only time in school history and he broke his back and never went to a university), then this guy is probably going to be getting a lot of girl's attention. Speaking from a guy's perspective, he'd be crazy not to date all these girls at his old school.

I know it's not the answer you want to hear, but it's the truth. If you give him up, and he runs back to you, then he's yours. If you chase after him, he'll only run away. Let him keep running to you, and maybe, just maybe, you'll have a chance.

PS - You like this guy for all the wrong reasons. You're letting fame, popularity, and possibly money get in the way of good judgement. You obviously don't see it as a 15 year old girl, but it's there. I should know, I see it happen everyday of my life. Why? I'm a high school math teacher.

Jan 23, 2008, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Changeofheart08
    Hi I'm 16 years old and I've attended school with this guy since the 1st grade(on and off)and i moved away to jersey after we graduated the 8th with each other and he is attended this great school with a lot more different people to him and im attending this reatarded school with all these ghetto kids and I don't think he has respect 4 me because i let him do whatever
    and i 4give him 4 it with a simple smile and I'm just hurting. (Here's why I can't trust the guy) He's 6'8 the first freshman to join the varsity basketball team in his school in over 50 something years. This isn't the reason y i love him so much I just never gave him his way and I'm losing it. i don't know if it's becuz i moved 2 jersey from the ny but we planned to go to high school prom together and he replied "these white girls has money" and he told me"i should grow my hair" i just never thought it would happen to me . since he knows all my struggles and stuff. When i give up he pulls me back. What should i do?????????????????????????? Please reply even though u may think it is small it is really big to me!!!
    We are both sopomores now and it is more serious than u guys may think!!!
    And 4 all you who believes I love the kid for the wrong reasons you are wrong. We've known each other since the first grade and I couldn't care less if he doesn't make it. He means a lot to me and symbolizes a lot. I can't explain how much he means to me . I can't stay mad at him and I think he really cares for me but it's hard . He broke his legg and his thumb I still love the idiot. He means a lot to me. I know I'm young but cmon

Jan 23, 2008, 05:57 PM
    Ok I swear to you it isn't the money he could break anything. I love the boy and I put that on my life.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 24, 2008, 12:39 PM
    I think you care for him a lot more than he cares for you, and you may love him now, but if he doesn't show you the respect you deserve, then this will be love on a one way street. I think you should love yourself a lot more, and demand respect, or its not a healthy love, if he can do whatever. Don't let your feelings blind you to reality, and fall for whatever treatment he gives you.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2008, 01:10 PM
    Agreed with Talaniman.

Don't let feelings blind you to reality.

And it seems you do care about him being a star. I mean it is something to be proude of. We can understand that.

But don't let him treat you like dirt

Regards

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using future value of single amount, future value of annuity table. [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, my question is how do you know when to use the Future of value of single amount table, and when to use the future value of annuity table?

I want to be a star [ 1 Answers ]

I have a lot of talents in the entertainment aspect- I sing, act and can dance, as well as I compose songs and create movie lines. But I stay in africa and I can not connect with any producers or studios. Please can you tell me a way out.

Star Struck [ 1 Answers ]

There is a movie starring kirk cameron called ''Star struck''. My question is where can I find this movie?

Can anyone name a star? [ 13 Answers ]

There are companies out there selling the right to name a star. How legitimate is this? International Star Registry: Name a Star

Star Wars [ 10 Answers ]

Does anybody know if George Lucas is secretly making another Star Wars movie? After I saw Episode III I went home and watched Episode IV, V, and VI. I read some article that said he may be writing a new one, but was just wandering if anyone else knew for sure.

View more questions Search