Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michelleandrews Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 04:07 AM
    Statue of limitations
    Hello my question is is there a statue of limitations on a complaint filed and one more thing if my home was raided by the FBI the things that they took can I get them back if it is a statue of limitations on a complaint and how long does it last?

Thanks!
    M.Andrews
    Imhandy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 04:33 AM
    Since the correct term is " statute " of limitations, not statue you may have trouble finding the right answer to your question.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2008, 06:17 AM
    Hello michelle:

There ARE statutes of limitations for most crimes and they vary depending on the crime. Yes, you can get your property back as soon as it becomes clear that the items won't be used as evidence. That's only clear after the statute of limitations is up.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 22, 2008, 07:19 AM
    The statute of limitations laws refer to how long after a crime has been committed can someone be charged for the crime. If you were charged for a crime then the SOL no longer has a bearing.

If you were charged for a crime, or even if a search warrant was served on your home, you NEED a lawyer. Your attorney can answer these questions and move the prosecution along.
    fde Posts: 93, Reputation: -4

Jan 23, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Get Lawyer K. If You Have Already Been Charged To The Sol Is Not Important Now.
    Good Luck
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 23, 2008, 02:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fde
    Get Lawyer K. You Have Already Been Charged To The Sol Is Not Important Now.
    Good Luck
    I am sorry, was there a post saying he had been charged ? It merely stated that there was a FBI raid, so they are looking for evidence.

But there will be a SOL for almost every crime, so if you tell us the state you live in and the crime you believe they will charge you with, then we can tell you a SOL.
    fde Posts: 93, Reputation: -4

Jan 23, 2008, 02:17 PM
    If he was charged sorry.
    rights Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhandy
    Since the correct term is " statute " of limitations, not statue you may have trouble finding the right answer to your question.
    Being sarcastic is always helpful

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statue of limitations [ 23 Answers ]

We had a 2nd mortgage on our property that was discharged dec 2004, and now the person has got a certificate pending litigation filed and statement of claim filed as of July 2007. We are representing ourselves and I think it fall outside the statue of limitations. I also think that a discharged...

Statue of Limitations [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently doing a little research for something I'm writing and am trying to make sure I have the proper information. I tried looking it up myself, but I ended up getting confused and finding conflicting information. What is the statue of limitations for breaking in entering without the...

Statue of limitations [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone know how long it take for a bench warrant in British columbia to dissapear:confused:

Statue of Limitations [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a question about the statue of limitations. In 2003 my boyfriend at the time, (now husband) was injured at a rodeo in Utah. At that time we lived in Idaho and still do, we were just at a rodeo when he was injured. We received a bill for charges and paid those charges off. But apparently...

Statue of limitations [ 2 Answers ]

What is the statue of limitations for credit card debt in the state of New Jersey?

View more questions Search