Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matt_mwb Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2006, 12:24 PM
    Private IP Address
    I'm having trouble connecting to the internet at my school via broadband connection. My computer will detect the network, but I keep getting assigned a private IP and cannot establish a connection. I'm running Windows XP. I've tried reinstalling the services and protocols, copying over clean host files, cleaning the winsock registry settings... no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jan 10, 2006, 12:29 PM
    Does your skl have a proxey server? If so you need those settings

Jan 10, 2006, 12:33 PM
    The connection is through an anti-virus/security program called SmartEnforcer... but no proxy is used. I used to be able to connect, and it was a direct connection without any intermediate routing.
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jan 10, 2006, 12:38 PM
    It may be your mac addy has hanged and your not permitted to use it
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 10, 2006, 12:40 PM
    Try the advice on this Link.

As it says here
    Q: Am I required to install any software on my computer?
    A: All Microsoft Windows computers are required to install the SmartEnforcer client software to connect to the network.
    Do you have this software installed as this sounds like your problem.
    Here's some trouble shooting tips.

Hope this helps.

Jan 10, 2006, 12:44 PM
    I have SmartEnforcer installed and usually have no problem logging in on it. Now when I attempt to log in it tells me that SmartEnforcer is not available on the network.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 10, 2006, 12:45 PM
    This is a job for your school's IT dept, sorry about that.

Jan 10, 2006, 12:48 PM
    Thanks for the help anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Private Caller [ 7 Answers ]

Can anybody help me or give me suggestions of what to do when a privite caller keeps calling my moms cell and my house phone and saying my name and my sister's and my moms name really softly... it freaks me out that they call 3 in the morning... what should I do? Anybody knows how to unblock a...

Private [ 1 Answers ]

Can an anonymous e'amil be traced back to the sender if you use hotmail or Yahoo or some place like that?

Global address list groups members missing in Outlook address book [ 0 Answers ]

Hello All, When I view a group in global address list in Outlook , address book group Does not display the members. My company use exchange 2000 server, and client use outlook XP or 2003. Does anybody experience the same thing and/or know why this is so? Thanks a lot for your help and...

Excel: change relative address to absolute address [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, In Excel spreadsheet, how to change relative address to absolute address for many cells at same time? I know how to use F4 to do the change, but it is not an option when I have to deal with the addresses in a 150 row x 50 column table. Thanks, Wei

View more questions Search