Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grownchild2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 07:40 PM
    Deceased parent - back support
    I see many answers supporting the fact that back child support is due to the obligee/ custodial parent for their past expenses of raising the child(ren). But what if that parent has died? Not the NC, obligor, paying parent, but the one whom support is owed. What if the County CSEA has been collecting support and doing nothing about it? Shouldn't that money, owed to the parent, belong to the estate/ children (now adult)? I found Texas law that says so, but no other specific finds.:( :confused:
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 22, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Is it really worth fighting about ? Is that the way the children want their mom to be remembered ? Sometimes being within the law doesn't mean its ethical.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deceased Parent Insurance [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to find out if my parent left any other monetary assets for me. Does anyone know, how I can find this information?

My deceased exhusband still owes back child support. [ 2 Answers ]

My exhusband died Dec 30, 2007. He still owes back child support. Will I ever see this? He had not filed his taxes for 07 yet and the state would have intercepted the return. Am I or the State of FL considered a creaditor against his estate? It there any hope in ever seeing the money? We need...

Child support/custodial parent moves in with boyfriend [ 5 Answers ]

I just got ordered by court to pay $200 a week in child support for my one daughter. Now I find out from my 9 year old daughter that her mommy's boyfriend has been living with them and now are moving into other house. He is paying for everything. My question is can my child support be...

How to get child support for children of a parent on ssi [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I would like to know what do I do if my two kids father draws ssi?the ? Is how do I get help for my kids? Do I need to apply for ssi for the both? He doesn't have to pay but should I have to do it on my own?

Support from Step Parent? [ 1 Answers ]

My husbands ex wife is looking for a way to get child support based on our combined income as a married couple. Is that possible? Right now we pay her child support on time, every month based on his $85K salary. She works less than 20 hrs a week and lives with her parents. I am waiting to hear...

View more questions Search