Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RTerryn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 05:38 PM
    Leak in Jacuzzi Tub
    I have a leak in my jacuzzi tub. It leaks when the tub or just the shower is used. The ceiling of the baatrhroom below is open due to the damages. The wall adjoining the bathroom faucet is dry and there is no sign of moisture. There is no problem with the drain according to the plumber. He feels that there is a leak below the jacuzzi tub and the only way to truly detect where it is coming from is to remove the jacuzzi tub. My insurance policy covers the repairs, however the adjuster is asking for a firm diagnosis from the plumber before he can pay the claim. The plumber says that the cause cannot be determined without removal of the tub. I have had 2 plumbers look at the bathroom and both have come to the same conclusion. What should I do?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 21, 2008, 07:14 PM
    Not to be a smart aker... but you should probably listen to the two plumbers that are there and seeing the problem first hand. I do not mean to be a bummer, but anything we offer compared to two different plumbing companies or people that are there on the site... would, well... I guess pale by comparison... huh?

If you have any questions when it comes to the integrity or experience of any plumber do not hesitate to call your local plumbing inspector and talk with him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jacuzzi Slow Leak In Drain [ 1 Answers ]

We have a slow leak in our jacuzzi tub. It seems that the drain works partly as the tub takes a long time to be empty, but we can't seem to figure out how to take the drain out, much less fix it! Any advice would be appreciated!

Jacuzzi while pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I know that while you are pregnant you are not suppose to get into a hot tub but what about a jacuzzi? I know the reason you aren't suppose to get into a hot tub is because of the extreme heat but I didn't know if it also had something to do with the air bubbles produced by the jets. Would all the...

Jacuzzi tub leak, motor vibrating [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, we bought a house that has a jacuzzi tub in the master bath. We only have used it a few times, however, it just started leaking after we used it the other night through the ceiling on to the floor below. My husband (who is a gen contractor) checked the access panel and realized that it was...

Leaking Jacuzzi [ 2 Answers ]

My jacuzzi is upstairs in my master suite. I noticed last night that it is leaking (drips) to the ceiling below, which is the dining room. Can anyone tell me how the repair can be made and how much this may cost me? Should I call a plumber or one of my area's jacuzzi dealer?

Fiberglass Jacuzzi Tub Drain Leak [ 1 Answers ]

I have a drain leak on my fiberglass jacuzzi tub. I have removed the metal drain from the tub and cleaned it, cleaned the rubber washer on top of the PVC drain pipe, and applied a new coat of plumbers putty to the metal drain before reinstalling it. I still have a small leak coming from where the...

View more questions Search