Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenzboo2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Losing it too fast?
    I weighed myself about 4 days ago and I weighed 220lbs. I weighed myself this morning and I weigh 182lbs. Did I take the dieting too far? I have been getting headaches every few days but my friend said it might just be because my body is adjusting to eating healthier, is that possible? I have been running 4 miles every day and doing a 45 minute yoga routine and eating half an apple for breakfast and 1 cup of pasta for lunch and soup or a grapefruit for dinner. This all seems practical and healthy but I don't know why I feel so bad. Am I pushing myself too much?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2008, 03:00 PM
    You wouldn't necessarily be getting headaches from eating healthier but headaches from
    Withdrawing from not eating what you use to. Like if you gave up soda you could be having caffeine withdrawal, if you gave up chips and snacks and junk food you could be having withdrawals from the preservatives they put in them like message.
    You could be getting hunger headaches as well because from that little bit of food you mentioned your body must be craving some vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.

Try eating a little more if that is all you are eating cause it sounds like you aren't getting enough protein and fiber and other essential nutrients maybe eat a piece of toast with the apple and have some eggs some mornings too. Eggs have a lot of nutrition like choline
    ENC - Egg Nutrition Center

Then for dinner add some meat and a potato and vegetable.
    A nutritional/alternative guy said that you should eat meat approximately the size of a deck of cards.

As for exercizing, especially if you aren't use to it try cutting back to no more than 20 minutes every other day. Your muscles need a day to relax or you are stressing them which can cause a headache too.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2008, 03:14 PM
    Are you getting headaches due to working out a lot/not eating enough? Absolutely.

Half an apple... a cup of pasta... soup OR a grapefruit for dinner. That roughly calculates to about... what... 500 calories?

Your body needs roughly 1800 - 2000 calories simply to FUNCTION... -2000
    You're running 4 miles a day... give or take 100 calories per mile... -400
    Not sure how much yoga takes up... but we'll just say... 45 minutes of yoga... -100

... so. You're in deficit of 2000 calories a day.. . may explain why you're having headaches.

Keep it up, you may end up with kidney failure and long term heart problems.

Exercising is great... but you need to gas in the car to make it run.

Instead of that half an apple, make it a whole apple for breakfast.
    Instead of a cup of pasta... why not make it a salad with some grilled chicken?
    For dinner, nothing wrong with some baked fish with steamed veggies.

There is a way you can get all your nutrients while losing weight/dieting.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Well first I don't believe it is even humanly possible to lose 38 pounds in 4 days, a body just can't lose that much weight if you don't eat anything.

But except for perhaps a short fast, the food you eat is not correct or healthy. In that you can destroy muscle and health eating so little.
    What you want to do is a even weight lose, a proper diet and correct exercise

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Fast Is To Fast in A Relationship? [ 4 Answers ]

I just met this girl about 1-2 weeks ago. On the16 we started going out. But I don't know what to do and if I do something I am afraid it is to fast. What should I do? How should I do it? When should I do it Help. I'm lost!! -wes

How fast is to fast? [ 6 Answers ]

Im just started dating a friend of mie we've been friends for about 4 monthes and in the past week we started going out. I was wouldering how fast is to fast? I haven't seen him yet since we have statered dating but we've talked. Would it be weird to say love you at the end of an e-mail or hug and...

Losing weight natrually fast [ 3 Answers ]

Well I'm reall just 17 I'm 5,3 and I'm 177 pounds I'm going to this party in 1-2 months by then I want to be at least 30 to 40 pounds thinner please do help xoxo--->jennifer :)

Losing weight fast [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know a diet that is quick and really easy to do? I lost over 1 stone on a soup diet last year but now its summer I don't wnt to eat soup all the time!

Need help fast [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone please tell me how I go about taking a loan against my 401k

View more questions Search