Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    improvrissa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 01:52 PM
    Plumbing disasters!
    I moved in with my boyfriend and I noticed that sometimes when you flush the toilet it won't go down. It will fill up with water then slowly go down, then after a few hours if you flush again it will go down... that was months ago now we are having sewage waste come up whenever you flush or use the washer! I've never seen this before! I've tried Draino thinking it was just clogged. But it still doesn't work! Please help me!!
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 21, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Is it backing up into the tub at all.. If so your main sewer drain line is probably clogged... just does not show it until a large volume of water is used. Even if not backing into tub, could still be main drain clog... call landlord if renting.. look for main drain cleanout, flood the pipes and see if it backs up and out of the cleanout if you are the homeowner. If it does, call the plumber or rent a snake to clear the blockage.

If my answer was helpful, please RATE THIS ANSWER by clicking on the button below. Thank you.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 21, 2008, 04:52 PM
    Stop with the draino, you may get yourself splashed when trying to rod the lines. Have you plunged the toilet, did it do any good at all. The plug is likely a bit further down stream than where the toilet drain connects to the main drain but I would still start with the basics, start with plunging and then move up to a toilet auger. If they don't help keep going up the line like MASS suggests. Do not go any further than my two suggestions if you are renting, its someone else's problem.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2008, 07:15 PM
    Yes to professoinal people daino is about the last thing you ever want to do.It does sound like a partial clog somewhere in the line. Time for a professional to come out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Supernatural Lessons from Natural Disasters and Wars [ 8 Answers ]

There are important supernatural lessons from natural disasters and wars that are often overlooked. From God's perspective, the message of calamities, such as tsunamies, hurricanes, and wars, is God giving "unsaved" survivors time and opportunity to repent. Calamities show: . Life is short...

Human Disasters [ 2 Answers ]

Human disaters in the month of April?

Plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a three (3) piece tub and shower faucet (I do not know the brand) and the diverter from tub to shower is a push button or a push in and out knob. The house was built in 1973. I have been to All Right and one other plumbing company to find parts and they say the unit is too old. Can I remove...

Plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

What causes a hammer knock at the water tank. It occurs periodically for unknown reasons.

Plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

I have a basement floor drain which is clogged. Had a plumber try to clear the drain with power snake, however, was only able to partially unclog. The drain handles my furnace; water softener and water heater. The plumber says that the drain pipe is galvanized or iron and is most likely corroded...

View more questions Search