Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catfish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2004, 08:01 PM
    Hampton Bay remote wires do not match fan wires
    Yesterday I installed a new Hunter ceiling fan. I also purchased a Hampton Bay wireless wall switch. Everything went well until I wired up the remote receiver. The receiver has a blue wire for the light that is supposed to connect to the blue wire (light) from the fan. The Hunter fan does not have a blue wire. It only comes with Black, White, BLack & White striped, and ground. The Hunter wiring instructions said to connect the Black and Blk/White striped together if I was not using a standard wall switch. Anyway the fan works great and so does the light if you use the pull chains but the remote is dead. And yes I did have the fan set to high speed and light on before attempting to use the remote. I connected the blue receiver wire to the red wire in the junction box. Wrong! What do I connect the blue wire to? Help please
    truss Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2004, 04:18 PM
    Hampton Bay remote wires do not match fan wires
    There is no guarantee that any other brand will work with a Hunter product. Purchase a Hunter remote and it should work fine. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 wires + 2 wires  POOL MOTOR [ 2 Answers ]

I need help connecting a motor for my pool. The motor has 3 wires coming out of it. 1 white, 1 black, 1 black with a white stripe. A continuity test on the 2 blacks says they are wired together somewhere. I have a power cable coming out of the ground. 1 white + 1 black cables inside. ...

Installing Ceiling Fan Wall Remote with Red & Black Wires? [ 13 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Hampton Bay Wall Remote Control that transmits a signal to a receiver that I will install behind the Ceiling Fan assembly. Problem: Remote instructions state to connect the 2 Black wires from the wall switch to the new Remote switch. The wall switch has a Red and a...

Help - What to do with the Grounding Wires [ 5 Answers ]

Because of brown waters, I want to re-run the hot/cold water pipes for the entire house. But there is one major problem, the existing galvanized pipes had some grounding wires attached to them and I'll plan to use the PEX pipe. I have no ideas how to run the new grounding wires when I take out...

Help: Connecting 3 wires [ 6 Answers ]

Pool Motor wires - white, black, black /w white stripe Power coming into pump house (single breaker) - white, black, bare copper. Which wires connect to what color?

View more questions Search