Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2006, 06:06 AM
    Republic or democracy
    Are we a Republic or Democracy, I seems are should be a Republic, as stated in the Pledge of Allegiance. "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Does anyone have any thoughts??

Link to the Civil American Flag:
    http://www.uscivilflags.org/home.html
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2006, 07:02 AM
    We (the U.S.) are actually a Republic... but it's not a simple matter of saying Republic OR a Democracy. We are also a Democracy.

That subject is an oft discussed and debated one: See here and here for example.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2006, 06:45 AM
    Republic
    My avatar is the civil flag of the united states, we are a republic under the constitution.

The united states Civil Flag. The banner of the Republic! In-law under the Constitution.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

From the loftiest point of its roof, during precisely three and a half hours of each forenoon, floats or droops, in breeze or calm, the banner of the republic; but with the thirteen stripes turned vertically, instead of horizontally, and thus indicating that a civil, and not a military, post of Uncle Sam's government is here established.

-Nathaniel Hawthorne
    Scarlett Letter

Question is, what happen to us, do we still have the rights under the constitution and Bill of rights or is the government ignoring them?:mad:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Republic-online game [ 1 Answers ]

I'm here to tell you of a game called republic online its about getting your own country and trying to be nice in chat and let me tell you this personally it isn't easy. The webb games is free unleesss you wants credits. The address is http://republic-online.net just tell them flag sent you and...

View more questions Search