Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    olschoolstl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 11:25 AM
    I want to fill for a non contested divorce on my own what should I do
    My wife and I have been married for 7 years now. Wev'e only lived together for the 1st month and have never live together since. We have no kids no property or any dept together, nothing. We speak sometimes to one another and we both bring up the subject of divorce and we agree to meet complete the papers and file them with the courts but she nevers follows thu. We are both or government workers. How should I handle this, can I just go to the courts and file myself with out her? What should I do.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 21, 2008, 11:38 AM
    You can file the papers, but if she won't sign them you don't have an uncontested divorce. I would check with the courts on what you need to do. Your local divorce court probably has brochures about the process.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2008, 08:28 AM
    olschoolstl writes: "...can I just go to the courts and file myself with out her? What should I do." Check with the clerk of court that handles divorce/family law. Your divorce is simple if there are no children, property, or debts. Your spouse is entitled to a copy; this is called 'service'. You will have to get her signature on a 'waiver of service', or some such form; otherwise, you will have to pay a service fee and have the papers delivered to her. There is usually a waiting period in which she could file an 'answer'; if she does not answer, then it is an 'uncontested' divorce. Talk to the clerk and see if you want to do this, or just hire a lawyer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet won't fill up [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help please! My toilet won't fill up, it's quite a new toilet and has the push button flush on the top of the tank, I can't get the top off to look inside to see what the problem is can anyone inform me what the problem may be and how to remove the top?

Non-contested court judgement [ 2 Answers ]

I read where someone in PA is dealing with a possible court awarded judgement, I live I Arizona and need some answers. I received a notice from the court saying that The court has awarded judgement to pay the debt. First, I will say neither I nor my husband appeared in court on this matter. ...

Which Forms to fill [ 1 Answers ]

I came to US on L1- visa after Oct 2006 and my income for 2006 in US is less than $3000. I am Indian cititzen. For 2006 I am non-residian alien. I need to know which forms I need to fill. What will be the refunds I might received? Thanks in advance Praveen

Toilet doesn't fill up [ 2 Answers ]

After I flush the toilet the water continues to flow into the toilet and it won't stop. After I jiggle the handle a couple of times it finally will stop. What do I need to do inside the tank to fix this? Thank you, Pat B.

View more questions Search