Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chimenti Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Leaky basement shower drain
    I have a leaky basement shower drain. Is there a way to get the drain out with out taking the shower pan up from the floor
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 21, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Does you shower have a plastic stariner or a chrome strainer on the floor?
    chimenti Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 02:09 PM
    The drain is chrome with a pvc pipe in the center
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 21, 2008, 03:30 PM
    The strainer should just pull straight up, does it give you enough room to see the leak, the PVC is likely glued to your shower drain coming off the pan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaky shower pan drain [ 1 Answers ]

I have a leak that seems to be coming from the shower pan drain, all tile and grout seems intact. The leak at first looked likeit was coming frm the bottom of the trap, but I saw that it was water building around the joint from the vertical pipe (PVC) from the trap to the drain above. Any...

Leaky shower drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, what do I use to seal the drain in a stand up shower? Caulk? Silicone? Will I be able to use the shower the next day? Thank you

Leaky drain pipe from shower and sink [ 1 Answers ]

The drain pipe from bathroom sink and shower is leaking through the ceiling into the kitchen below. Can this pipe be replaced without breaking through bathroom floor?

40 year old leaky shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I've looked at all the other leaky shower drain posts which all seem to be pvc piping. What a great service this is! This is a second story shower with hard wood underneath so I can't see the pipes. A local plumber showed me this after he cut a hole in my ceiling and charged me $50 and...

Another leaky shower drain [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! A few weeks after moving into our (12 year old) house, we noticed moisture coming through the ceiling. The upstairs shower is right above the wet spot. We called our warranty company, and they sent out a technician who said that it was the shower drain, which has a crack in it (but of...

View more questions Search