Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laurapfischer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 09:41 AM
    Heater difficulty
    Dear Sir:

Our landlord just put in a hot water heater, and he fixed our heater. Now we are able to use hot water, and we are getting plenty of good heat.
    However, we are now experiencing loud noises from the heaters throughout the house. These sounds are within different times day and night, the sounds are similar to the running of the shower.
    What type of problem is it? How can or I can fix the problem myself or do I need my fiancee's or landlord's help?
    I feel as if our son and me are going to have no heat for a long time.

Please help,
    Laura
    cgregory67 Posts: 92, Reputation: 7

Jan 21, 2008, 10:06 AM
    Hmm, I am not 100% sure but could air be trapped in the system and need to be bled out?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 21, 2008, 10:08 AM
    Is this a steam system or a forced hot water system? If it is a forced water system as it sounds, then it may just be air in the system.. If you have radiators then you would need to bleed air out the keyed vents located at the top, end of each radiator. You can probably use a needle nose plier to open vents if necessary... BUT it would be better to purchase the KEY for the KEYED vent from a home supply store.

IF you have baseboard type radiation then you will need to look at the ends of the heaters (where pipes drop through the floor) and find the coin or keyed vents there and bleed these until water flows out pretty constant.

Anyway, if this is new I would call the landlord and have his plumber come back and fix this problem. I do not think it will be an ongoing issue if you just call and ask... *crossing fingers for you*.

If you can provide more info. or have any more questions do not hesitate to ask away!

If my answer was helpful, please RATE THIS ANSWER by clicking on the button below. Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difficulty with climaxing [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has a difficult time climaxing, and is ashamed to discuss it with me. What could be the problem. He's a moderate drinker, and in good health. We are both in our mid sixties. He says this problem is normal. Is it?

Difficulty in breathing [ 10 Answers ]

I smoke, and drink large amounts of caffine. At night when I am trying to drift off to sleep I have a terrifying feeling.. on and off for the first hour, it feels like no air is going in my lungs and it feels like my heart stops for around 3 seconds, in response to this horrible feeling I gasp...

Difficulty in breathing [ 2 Answers ]

Good day to you all. I am a 43-old female. I have been diagnosed with Mixed Connective tissues diorder seven years ago. I have been through different phases, non was severe, but all annoying-enough. Working in addition to all social obligtions as a wife and mother, and most of the time you keep it...

Orgasm difficulty. [ 5 Answers ]

Okay so, I'm 16 turning 17 in November. Losing my virginity at age 15 to my ex -- my first and last love, I kind of regret it, but he would hate me when I get mad at him when I told him that. Anyway, we were both sexually active, but did not have unprotected sex. We foreplayed and used a...

Learning Difficulty [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My daughter is 10years. She was born with some problems for which she had to undergo some surgeries as an infant but she is a healthy child. But she cannot cope up with the regular mainsteam education. She has been detained twice with the hope that she will be able to cope but, in vain. She...

View more questions Search