Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ajae2020 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Male or female
    I have two small dogs a yorkie and a silky, both are males. I want to get a boxer but not sure if I should get a male or female, Since the dog a bigger than the other two I think I should go with a female. Info please!
    rigby1958 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 09:57 AM
    I have a female boxer and it is my second one, they are always smaller than males. You are better off with a female
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Ajae, boxers are wonderful dogs. But, then again, I love all the breeds. LOL!

Usually if you have two dogs of one sex and you are considering bringing a third one into the household, you will find the opposite sex will make the most compatible companion to the other two. There are no guarantees as to temperament when you purchase any dog of any breed.

If I were you, I would check to see what puppies/dogs are available for adoption in my area. You can test a possible prospect with your little guys right at the shelter. If it seems like a good match, and once you bring the dog home you feel it won't work out, you can return the dog to the rescue without any problems. You can't return a puppy to a pet store or breeder if it is a poor match. In addition, going through a rescue group will be less expensive than buying a puppy. To see what puppies/dogs are available in your area, check out Petfinder.com: Adopt a pet and help an animal shelter rescue a puppy or kitten.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Female vs Male [ 2 Answers ]

I am thinking about getting a Calvier King Charles Spaniel a. Would they do well in a crate?? :confused: b.What would be better Male or Female?? :confused:

Male and Female objects... [ 2 Answers ]

This made me chuckle: You might not have known this, but a lot of non-living Objects are actually either male or female. Here are Some examples: FREEZER BAGS: They are male, because they hold Everything in, but you can see right through them. PHOTOCOPIERS: These are female, because once...

My boyfriend (62 why.o male with 27 why.o. Female) [ 6 Answers ]

One day my boyfriend of 2 years invited a guy that we work with and his girlfriend over to go riding in the mountains in my boyfriends jeep... My boyfriend is 62... I am 39 and this guys girlfried is 27... Anyway, my boyfriend was drinking quite a bit and so was the girl (who looked 17) anyway she...

View more questions Search