Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phxbaby Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 09:07 AM
    Morning Sickness
    I am not sure if this is morning sickness or not but lately I nothing sounds good to eat and just the thought of some foods gross me out. Is this normal? I am going on 7 weeks.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2008, 09:34 AM
    This is quite normal. Morning sickness can last all day with some pregnancies as well and not just when you get awake. Also, the symptoms can vary from one pregnancy to another. Some pregnancies you will not experience it except for a few weeks, and others can last the entire 9 months. Wait until you start getting food cravings, that's even more fun. I only ate steak, rice and strawberries with one of my pregnancies. Your sickness should go away though around 14-15 weeks. Then you'll get the cravings.
    kikewrite Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 09:36 AM
    I think that is surely morning sickness, take crackers it might help.I recently just found out that I am pregnant too. Congratulations

Jan 21, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Congrats to you as well! This is my first pregnancy so I am not sure how I am supposed to feel.
    kikewrite Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 10:53 AM
    What a coincidence, this is my first too.Keeping my fingers crossed.Have you seen an obgyn yet?
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Food adversions are absolutely normal when it comes to pregnancy. Some women never experience it, some have it constantly, and some are in the middle. It depends with every woman, as well as every pregnancy. Morning sickness can be accenuated by an empty stomach, fatty/greasy/spicy foods, foods that sit heavily in your stomach, or have an unappealing sight or smell. Really it just depends day to day in most cases. Try to always make sure that you have something in your stomach, and that will help. Eat 5-6 small/light meals throughout the day, rather then three big ones, and drink lots of liquids. Gatorades are great, because they are packed with electrolites, which are really needed esp if you start throwing up and can't hold much down/have diahrea. Good luck and congrats on your pregnancy.

Jan 22, 2008, 09:47 AM
    Thank you for all the advice! I go to the doctor at the end of this week so I will be able to relax after that. I just want to make sure everything is okay. I have brought some saltine crackers with me this morning!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Don't let the dr prescribe any kind of pills for you for morning sickness either. Try and tough it out as there have been a lot of adverse things happen to the baby from medication the mother takes this early on. Try to take nothing more than an aspirin or tums right now. Now your baby is forming it's nerves and major organs. Just eat whatever you want in the meantime and try to somehow get through the next few weeks. Do skip the greasy, fatty, spicy stuff though.

Jan 23, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Thanks! I don't think my morning sickness has been that bad to ask for a prescribition anyway. I am feeling better today (so far)! I just can't wait to go to the doctor to make sure everything is okay because other than a little nausea and being tired I really don't feel pregnant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you still have morning sickness after a miscarriage [ 8 Answers ]

I suffered a miscarriage last year and showed no signs of it. I am now 10 weeks pregnant again and am scared to go through the same thing. Is it possible to have morning sickness if you have had a miscarriage but not know it?

Morning sickness suddenly better - why? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there, I am new to all this forum business but I was wondering - I have had 2 miscarriages in the past but am now 8.5 weeks pregnant we have seen a heartbeat and I have been feeling really sick. Last night I felt better and today I have actually felt much better with only a vague background...

Morning sickness [ 4 Answers ]

My sister has really bad morning sickness any remedies to help it

Morning Sickness [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Can I get morning sickness the day after I get pregnant?:confused:

Morning sickness [ 9 Answers ]

Anyone have any morning sickness tips for me? Its been a while since I went through this, so any tips would be helpful. I forgot just how much I disliked the first trimester hahha. Thanks

View more questions Search