Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psb-wz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 08:23 AM
    service maintenance contract
    Hi,

Could someone check with these wordings for me.

requirements:
    . A trip per month for consecutive 3 working days
    . The travelling ticket/accomodation/meal allowance/transport cost should be charge in together with the service maintenance pricing.

The Customer shall pay sum amount equivalent to USDxxxxx.xx to the Provider as the Provider will be working at the Customer site for a 3 consecutive Business Days at the Customer Principal and subjected to the Providers Business Hours, exception to the Providers Business Hours, an extra value will be charged. (after working hours or public holidays or after business hour )

.. correct ?

2. Do any of you have experience with the support incident = 1 hr support kind of service maintenance contract ? How do you justify that very 1 hour ? Please help.

As pursuant to clause x.x, the deduction is at such that each resolved case is counted by number of rounded up hours spent and that denotes to 1(One) hour taken is equivalent to deducting 1(One) Support Unit.

... correct ?

in addition to that.. seems like the customer is not happy with the 1 hour thingy. Could someone share how to create a formula out of this, and how to translate that to wordings ?

e.g - if application development ( enhancement requires 20 mandays which requires 20 support units ) or 20 enhancement man-hours.

1 support units = no. of enhancement mandays * complexity * no. users ? Correct ?

how to justify complexity ?
    how to justify no. users ?
    or any better ideas ?

please help
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 21, 2008, 09:24 AM
    Are you delirious?

You've dumped words on the screen and asked the rest of the world to put them in a meaningful context. You are daft! :)

Paragraph 1, seems to be defining the routine costs associated with making a 3 day visit to a specific location. Not discussed is whether the trip is for break fix or scheduled maintenance.

Paragraph 2 : Again very poorly defined. Are you contracting with someone to provide you with telephone support? If you, get this re-written to define what you expect them to support, how you expected it handled and what will your cost's be. Do not accept things like "1 Service Credit" What happens when a service credit's definition changes.

You really need to break this down to highlights, then add the flesh of what you mean by them finally what you are willing to pay for these services.

Lastly you absolutely have to have acceptable limitations on the vendor. Supposed he says, every time it breaks I'll send someone to fix it.

Now for the next 365 days, you have this technician in your house because he can't fix the problem

Give them 3 shots a fixing the problem, then mandate they call in a higher qualified technician at their expense to resolve the problem.

NEVER ACCEPT A BOILERPLATE CONTRACT UNLESS IT FITS EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contract Changes after Accepted and Signed Contract [ 12 Answers ]

We recently had an offer accepted on a house. Both parties signed the contract. Our lawyer signed off on the contract. Their lawyer put a contingency that they find suitable housing. This was not mentioned at the time they accepted the offer. Upon the sellers accepting our offer, we listed and...

How to write contract proposal for Cleaning service [ 2 Answers ]

We need information on how to price a contract bid and how to write it.

Can a verbal contract trump a written contract [ 5 Answers ]

I gave a deposit to a contractor to do a bathroom remodel with a 3-day grace period written into the contract to get my deposit back. The time lapsed as I waited for my appt to meet with the contractor at his showroom to pick my bathroom supplies out. When we got to the showroom the contractor...

Changing from metered service on my shop to service from my house. [ 2 Answers ]

I’ve had the meter and 3 wire service cable removed from my shop. I’ve purchased 90 feet of 100 amp direct burial cable to run from the lower section of my home meter to my shop. Not being an electrician, I’m still trying to install this changeover. The direct burial cable has 4 wires. 2 larger...

Maintenance of A/C [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a townhouse in SW Houston. I have 2 A/C units; 1.5 tons each. They are both 1996 vintage. I would like advice on reputable A/C technician in Houston to inspect my units and perform and required maintenance. Regards, Stan

View more questions Search