Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tojan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 07:03 AM
    2003 server ip conflict after adding more than 5 pc's
    Hi ,

I installed a 2003 server,configured ADS,DNS,DHCP after joining 5 or 6 pc's its showing ip conflict with the server and joined pc's.im trying to exclude the ip of the server from DHCP list but I coudnt,even I tried manually configure the ip's to the pc's still its showing same.we registed the server and the cal is ofr 50 user

Can any one help me for the

With regards

Tojan
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Jan 25, 2008, 12:17 PM
    This has nothing to do with the number of CAL's or the Microsoft Registration.

Assuming that you have installed Active Directory and that the DHCP server is registered with AD, it sounds like the address for your server exists within the DHCP SCOPE.

Change the DHCP Scope so that it does not include the range where your server exists.

For example:

Server address

DHCP Scope
    172.16.1.50 to 254

You should always leave a segment of addresses that are not included in the Scope for assigned addresses for items such as servers and network gear.

Also, check your Scope Options:
    You should have the following configured:
    003 Router
    006 DNS Servers
    015 DNS Domain Name
    If you have WINS installed, then
    044 WINS Server
    046 WINS Node Type (0x4 is best option)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Different versions of server 2003 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Can anyone help me out with naming the different version available in server 2003 or in other words FLAVORS . And the main thing is that I need the differences n features available in that version . If possible give me the link if available:)

Downgrade windows 2003 server to windows 2000 server procedure [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. Recently I planned to buy a server with windows 2k server OS. Unfortunately I was told that win 2k server will be no longer in support at 2007.:confused: What happen is that the application I need to run is under win 2k server only, can anyone advise me how to perform the downgrade...

Linux. 2003 Server & XP [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys/gals. I have a question the issue I'm having is this. I want to have 3 OS's on 2 hard drives I currently have: XP Pro on my 80Gig - Master 2K3 Server & Linux on my 40Gig - Slave I want to know how I can setup a boot system that will let me chose which OS I desire, I have tried to...

View more questions Search