Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tom Hall Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 06:51 AM
    Old style nickel cadium batteries
    Im looking for information on 1900 era heavy duty nickel cadium batteries.

What do the different color plates signify?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2008, 07:05 AM
    When the Positive plate is fully charged it will be dark brown, light brown when discharged.
    The Negative Plate will be Gray when charged, and light gray when discharged.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop Batteries [ 1 Answers ]

Is it bad to always plug in a laptop when a wall outlet is available? Someone told me that you should always use your battery and only plug it in when the battery needs to be re-charged. I have always done just the opposite. I always plug in if it is available and only use my battery if power...

Car batteries [ 8 Answers ]

I had quick question as to what you guys thought about car batteries and what I should look for when purchasing. Specifically, I wanted to know if I should be concerned with the cold cranking amps as much. For example, should I buy one that has 770 over one that has 675 if I could get the lower...

Batteries Keep Going Out [ 2 Answers ]

I've just started to have a problem with my thermostat losing battery power. This is actually shutting down my heat. I have put fresh batteries in twice over the last two weeks, reprogrammed the thermostat - only to have it happen again today. Is this the thermostat going bad?

Batteries [ 1 Answers ]

Any one here know about batteries, I am looking to find out about 2- 6V batteries hooked up in parallel. Wanting to know the total amperage if each is xxx. Do they add? (CCA and CA) Jerry

View more questions Search