Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yerba_mate Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 04:10 AM
    Boyfriend doesn't seem to be as interested in sex
    I am totally confused about this.
    I'm 37 and he's 31.
    When we first met a year ago, everyone (his friends) kept telling me how he was obsessed with sex.
    His ex wife said she had issues with him because of his high sex drive. She said he always pestered her and she was glad he met a nympho who could meet his needs.
    His parents even told me about his high sex drive!
    He fully admits he was obsessed with it and used to constantly nag his ex for sex.
    Well... I am still waiting to see this high sex drive.
    We live together, the relationship is strong. We are currently engaged, even.
    When we do have sex, its good.
    I just don't know how to take things, though.
    We have sex about twice a week and usually I initiate it.
    Usually, I give him a lot of foreplay. He generally won't get erect without stimulation.
    Sex tends to be a bit one-sided, from my perspective. I feel like he gets most of the attention and receives while I do the giving.
    At times, he even turns me down for sex.
    I've asked him about this.
    Even he says he only had sex with his ex wife once or twice a week and he was obsessed because he didn't receive it?? They had sex about as often as we do.
    He says he doesn't feel the compulsion anymore because he used to use sex as a means for intimacy with her.
    He says with me, we have a far more affectionate, loving, intimate relationship so he doesn't have to substitute sex for love.
    I'm not so sure... he denies it but I can't help but feel he isn't as attracted to me as he was to her.
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Jan 21, 2008, 08:59 AM
    Sounds pretty reasonable from his perspective.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2008, 02:12 PM
    So the problem is: common gossip doesn't agree with your personal intimate experience?

I really don't know what to say here... perhaps, he is an immature 31 and you are an average, competent 37 year old woman. If I were you, I would look for answers to my questions there. He might be too young for you, I don't know.
    ampersandra Posts: 70, Reputation: 10

Jan 21, 2008, 05:28 PM
    "Obsessed with sex" in what way? Choux makes a good point.
    Do you notice whether he talks differently when he's talking amongst a group of friends as opposed to when he's only talking to you?
    How much weight can you really put on others saying he has a very strong libido.
    I also question the circumstances in which his ex wife talks to you.

Jan 21, 2008, 09:09 PM
    He fully admits he's had a major drop in libido since being with me.
    He says he doesn't fully understand it, either. He says he likes the change because always obsessing over sex made him miserable. Now he can take it or leave it.
    I would like to think it is because he isn't using sex in place of love and affection.
    I would have to say my biggest insecurity with it would be centered around the fact that his ex is much more attractive than me. I'm older, a little overweight whereas he is pretty good looking.
    That and I am the main breadwinner. I pay for most everything as he doesn't make much money.
    Perhaps its also wrapped with the feeling of being a "sugar momma"
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Jan 21, 2008, 09:12 PM
    Well, that's all well and good. Maybe he's just maturing and realizing that having sex all hours of the day is not as important as it was when he was in his 20's. And maybe he's thinking that you already take care of him, why does he have to do anything at all!
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2008, 09:55 AM
    He has issues... Hell, I'm in my mid 40's and if my wife doesn't get it nearly every day she wants to know what's wrong.

I suggest he see both a Dr. and if there is no medical problem he needs to see a psychologist. At 31 that low drive just isn't normal. If he was 71 that might be different.
    2personal Posts: 49, Reputation: 7

Jan 23, 2008, 07:33 AM
    Maybe he finds sex with you boring, and can't be assed with it... sorry if this sounds mean, but it is an option.

Jan 24, 2008, 02:21 AM
    Well we spoke with the medical dr...

Turns out its related to the anti-depressants he started before he met me.

So they are taking him off zoloft and trying buspar

Hopefully it helps!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend not interested in sex [ 10 Answers ]

Hi - I've been dating a guy for about six months. We seemed to have a very strong connection in the beginning but decided to wait to have sex. He is 31 and I am 27. So, we waited about three months and at some point, he told me that he was in love with me. I had very strong feelings for him,...

Do you think he was interested [ 2 Answers ]

I asked a guy friend of mine to hook me up with his friend and he ended up giving me his friend's email address. I asked my guy friend if he thinks his friend likes me and he told me yes. So I took the initative and started talking to him and stuff. We basically flirted and stuff. He told me like...

Is he interested in me? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey everyone thanks for reading my question I hope you'll answer it too:p There's this guy in my class, of whoem I think he likes me. We were goning to lunch on Wednesday in a group and we were going to take the tram to Burgerking. He said next month he'll be able to drive. Then I said cool...

My boyfriend is no longer interested [ 10 Answers ]

Hello everyone... need some help 22 yrs old, dating a 24 year old. We have been together for 6 months, and get along really well. We always have a great time together, and love each other a lot. Recently I felt he was getting a little distant, so I asked him if something was wrong. He slowly...

Boyfriend Cheating, Not Interested? [ 8 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been together for almost 7 years. We are both only 23 and the only partners each other have had. In the beginning of our relationship, he would want to have sex at least once a day, sometimes more. He was really really really into having sex. Now, for about almost 2...

View more questions Search