Ask
    bluger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 03:55 AM
    Heat not kicking on
    Thermostat is set but heat is not kicking on
    Eric D Posts: 98, Reputation: 4

Jan 21, 2008, 05:11 AM
    Bluger,

How do you expect someone to help you with a post like yours?:confused: It is like telling someone that your car won't start, what do you think is wrong, or I have a pain in my arm, what do you think is wrong?

If you really want help be a little more detailed as to what is wrong and what it is you have the problem with, make and model numbers and any other info, like did it ever work, any funny noises or smells before it quit etc...

Hope your not froze!

Eric D
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Jan 21, 2008, 06:47 AM
    Give us a brand name and model number of your heating system not just the thermostat.
    groveralf Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2011, 06:39 AM
    Okay were you guys answering me? I am a female, unit is 27 years old, am trying to find the book on it.

Nov 12, 2011, 06:42 AM
    XL 80

Nov 12, 2011, 06:45 AM
    Trane XL 80. I found a ticket here from 1992 where my step-dad had it worked on and it just says furnace not working. Looks like they put in a hot surface ingition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AUTO fan not kicking on HEAT [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older Honeywell thermostat that is exhibiting this problem. I will set the thermostat to around 72*F. The function switch is set to HEAT (not COOL or OFF) The fan is set to AUTO Even if the thermostat temperature reading is less than 72*F, the heater will not kick on. I have not...

Heat not kicking on until the temp dips below 64 degrees, target temp set to 72 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, This is my first time posting here, but I figured it was a good place to start for some advice. I just bought a new townhouse a few weeks ago and have been having some heating issues since moving in. The actual furnace (Goodman GMS 8045) was installed in June of '06 while the unit was...

Roommate is kicking me out [ 5 Answers ]

Hello , I have a very specific problem . I have been living in this house with a roommate 2-3 years now... I NEVER signed a lease it is under my roommates name. The past year she got a boyfriend who has been in our house EVERYDAY since then . They got married and he is living with us . We had...

AC condenser not kicking on. [ 1 Answers ]

I live in SW Florida and yeasterday there was a power outage that left us without power for some time. FPL said that there was a main line that was tken down by a tree. We did not immediately turn the AC on after the power came back on (the thermostat was off when power returned). We turned it...

No cold air when AC on and emergency heat seem to be kicking on too often [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Rheem Electric AC/Heat and it's about 7 years old. As stated above, I'm having some issues. The unit is blowing air and the outside unit is spinning but the air coming out is not cold and the emergency heat is kicking on more than it should. About a year ago, a tech came out and said...

View more questions Search