Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    i1khglhutr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 11:39 PM
    Distance traveled
    If I'm travling 90 miles per hour and hit a 60 foot ramp, that stands 16 feet tall. How far would I travel ?
    jiten55 Posts: 105, Reputation: 8

Jan 21, 2008, 02:49 AM
    I assume the ramp is inclined downward.

In that case just caculate the time required for a body to come vertically down from height of 16ft and initial velocity is zero. (acceleration = g = 32)

s = ut + 1/2 at^2

16 = 1/2 32 t^2

t = 1 sec

In 1 second, your horizontal velocity being 90 mph = 132 ft per second,

Hence you will travel a horizontal distance of 132 feet, and verticle distance downward of 16 ft. That is, until you hit the ground.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Distance [ 3 Answers ]

"you and your physics major roomate become involved in a sinister plot to drop water balloons on students entering your dorm. Your room is 70 Feet above the sidewalk. You plan to place an X on the sidewalk to mark the spot a student must be when the balloon is dropped. The student will walk the...

Oh lord he traveled so hard? [ 1 Answers ]

Oh lord he travled so hard, that is the line I cn remember from this song. It kind of reminds me of the fugees but I know it isn't one of there's any help?

The distance between us [ 6 Answers ]

So it is my three week anniversary (I know lame to keep track but I do) and every since the wedding my husband has been extremely irritable. I work 5 days a week from about 8-7 most days and he goes to school Monday Wednesday and Friday. The rest of the time he can do whatever he wants. But...

Critical Distance is Pipe Length or Literal Distance? [ 2 Answers ]

Is critical distance measurement based on the literal distance from a trap to the vent stack, or the total length pipe from the trap to the vent? In other words, if the trap is 4 feet from the vent, but the drain pipe from the trap to the branch that has the vent connected to it is 10 feet, is the...

Skoda Favorit won't count traveled kilometers [ 5 Answers ]

My brother got this Skoda Favorit made in around 1990 (dont know if you ever heard of this car, but it's quite popular here in Croatia) and he is having problems with it - the car won't record how much he has traveled. The thing is like this: there are two counters - one for all-time traveled...

View more questions Search