Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Frustrated_Sk8er Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jan 20, 2008, 10:45 PM
    Grrr.I am SO Angry!
    Please... I am here for only one reason. For help on skateboarding. I am twelve years old, and I am trying to learn to ollie. I know how, but I guess I'm just not using my knowledge wisely. So please tell me. As you can tell by my name, I am about ready to destroy my 100 dollar board. I have attempted to, but not successful. So please, give me as many tips as possible to help me to an ollie.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 20, 2008, 10:56 PM
    How about this video from YouTube? I think even I could do an ollie after watching this guy. And like he said, practice practice practice!

YouTube - how to ollie

Jan 20, 2008, 11:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    How about this video from YouTube? I think even I could do an ollie after watching this guy. And like he said, practice practice practice!!

YouTube - how to ollie
    Yeah...I saw that video already. It helped me a bit. But I think I am only getting an inch off the ground at the most. But thanks! :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 21, 2008, 09:44 AM
    Maybe you're not bending down low enough and jumping high enough as you flip the end of the board. Like he said on the video, practice in one place and while not moving at first until you get the hang of it. Is there somebody you know who does good ollies and will work with you on how to do them?

Jan 21, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Maybe....I had several people help me...or atleast attempt to. They all say I don't get off the ground.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 21, 2008, 11:23 PM
    Hmmm, maybe do some exercises to strengthen your thigh and calf muscles? Deep bending and lunges? Jump on a trampoline? On your bed? (Don't tell your mother another mother suggested that--and don't hit your head on the ceiling.)

Jan 22, 2008, 07:55 AM
    Hehehe.....Okay, I'll try that. :]
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Mar 13, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Sounds like your front foot isn't sliding enough, or grabbing the board enough. Hopefully your grip tape is still decent (I see so many skaters you cut most of it off) practice your ollies standing still, but more or less ignore your back foot when you jump. Put all your concentration into making your front foot turn sideways and slide about 4 inches up the board.

And always remember to bend your legs as you are jumping, otherwise your not giving the board enough room to rise.

Mar 16, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Thanks everyone!
    Now I can ollie over a board!
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Mar 16, 2008, 10:37 PM
    Awesome, that means you can ollie onto waxed curbs now. Now the fun part, throwing in grinds :)
    Skater97 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2009, 08:32 PM

hdskate.com=D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grrr so stuck [ 5 Answers ]

My g-g grand mother wa Cora Bickers I knew she was born 1882 and she married george wainscott on 1898 her father was John Bickers and her mother was Alice Sebree of Ky but I can't find anthing but an obituary that links them how or what should I do?

Why must I be angry? [ 14 Answers ]

I have a question. Is it normal for guys to try to test women in relationships? I seem to have an issue, that eventually leads to a breakup because the guy always wants to see what I'm like when I'm angry. Is it wrong to want a peaceful relationship 90% of the time? I know I can be kind of...

Should I be angry at her? [ 5 Answers ]

Apperently my friend likes my ex boyfriend and she didn't tell me this. I think the only person that knows is our other friend, the one she spends most of her time with, because they live in the same street. The reason why I'm angry is beacause of she's always asked me if I still like this guy and...

No media controller and sound grrr. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey experst, I need help. My computer doesn't have sound anymore and I don't have system recovery, what do I do? My computer is windows 2000 professional if that helps... im sooo pisses :mad: also, isn't there anywhere where I can just download multimedia audio control? It has a yellow question...

View more questions Search